New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

3G Satisfaction rating

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Bigtool4u2

Bigtool4u2 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook 17" G4, 2GB RAM, Ipod 30GB

The 3G iPhone has been out for almost a month -a) how would you rate it out of 10 with 10 being the highest and 1 the lowest.

b) what are the nuances that you hate about it?
QUOTE Thanks
rich6490

rich6490 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm

7, the 3 I left out can all be fixed with software.

-Zach, A.C.T.
QUOTE Thanks
skaheadpunk

skaheadpunk has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule

8 - the software needs an update, crashes a little to much for my liking.

Can't think of much I don't like... there's no MMS, but that's not actually bothered me yet, I never use it, and if I'm sending pictures I might as well just email them.
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

9 - minor things that could be added to make it better.

QUOTE Thanks
NPuter

NPuter is a jewel in the roughNPuter is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP

How does battery life come into everyone's liking/rating of the iPhone...
I may be getting one soon, and that is my biggest worry...

"The forums are not only a place to have questions answered, they are a place to be part of a community..."
QUOTE Thanks
B&O

B&O has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPuter View Post
How does battery life come into everyone's liking/rating of the iPhone...
I may be getting one soon, and that is my biggest worry...
I can get two days (no off time, my phone is on 24/7) with a load of SMS, e-mails and a few short calls. Just switch off all the crap you don't need (WiFi etc).

8 out of 10, 1 point could be fixed with software. As for the other, no removable battery etc.
QUOTE Thanks
IZVERG

IZVERG is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" MBP unibody

I would dock off 1 for no MMS capabilities, .5 for no flash or zoom on the camera, and another .5 for the lack of wireless syncing capabilities (like via Bluetooth or even WI-FI) for my calendars, contacts, apps, etc.

Overall, guess that puts me at about an 8/10.

-Ever Forward-
My X Blog
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

I'd give it a 9/10. If it only had longer battery, then it would be a solid 10

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
rich6490

rich6490 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm

My battery life after about 2 or 3 weeks of use, has increased by at least 4 times what it was when it was new. When I first got it, the battery lasted a day or two tops, now I can go a week at the max. My only complaints are small software problems/lack of features.

-Zach, A.C.T.
QUOTE Thanks
ATLienGeorgia

ATLienGeorgia is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 2.4GHZ PROCESSOR / 4GB RAM / 200GB HHD - iPhone 3G 16GB Black

I am very happy, now that 2.1 is out, a lot of the bugs have been addressed. I would rate it a 9 out of 10. There are something I would like to see, but those I hope will be address by 3rd party apps, or firmware updates.

ATLChris

http://www.ATLChris.com <--- Check out my personal blog!
QUOTE Thanks
wcarr3

wcarr3 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP, 13.3" || iMac 20" 2.16 GHz C2D, 250 GB HD, 2 GB RAM, || 32GB i-Phone 4 || 32GB AT&T 3G iPad

I'd say 8 - 9 out of 10. My battery life seems to be getting better. If you think about it, considering all that the i-Phone does and the really slim form factor, I think the battery life does fairly well. If you use the i-Phone mostly as a web browsing device, video player, and i-Pod of course the battery life won't appear all that great. However, it you use it as the multi-purpose device that it is, I think the i-Phone performs admirably. Kind of off topic, but just my 2 cents .
QUOTE Thanks
chriswright101

chriswright101 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" iMac, 2.8GHZ Core Duo Extreme, 2GB RAM, 750GB Hard Drive - iPhone 3G - Aluminium MacBook 2.4GHZ

Yeh I agree with most of the other guys.

I'd say 9/10

However, now that 2.0.1 has been released, I'm going to give it a couple of days to use all the apps and see if it deserves an honourable 10/10
QUOTE Thanks
diesel828

diesel828 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2.2GHz Intel Core Duo processor, 120GB hard drive, 2GB RAM, 15" widescreen... pretty basic.

I hear version 2.0.1 has had a ton of problems (not to mention it takes up so much memory) so I'm not downloading it yet. So far, I'd give my new iPhone 3G an 8/10. I've only had it for two and a half weeks. Battery life could be better, but it's not terrible.

2.2GHz MacBook Pro
16GB iPhone 3G
www.myspace.com/callofdoody
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Hobbled bluetooth is really frustrating. No flash means indoor photos tend to be blurry. Direction oriented map in Google maps would be nice.

Browser is still the best I've used on a mobile device, love the SMS, call and voicemail handling. Contacts lag seems to be fixed with 2.0.1

A few too many crashes and locks to be completely happy but hopefully those will be smoothed with further software updates.

7/10 for now, with a few software tweaks and improvements it would be a 9.
QUOTE Thanks
ConvoMech08

ConvoMech08 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mackbook 2.16gHz, 2gb, 120 HD. iPhone 3g 16gb.

After 3 weeks I'd give it a solid 8/10.

A few software fixes and upgrades would put that up a point or two.

My phone just finished updating to 2.0.1 the SMS definitely seems to be fixed, hopefully it reduces the random crashes
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Discovered iPhone 3G compatible cases | iPhone sync issues: Takes forever, doesn't transfer data »