New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Two questions from a newbie

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jim.roberts

jim.roberts is on a distinguished road

Two questions from an iPhone newbie:

1. Is it possible to clear a single phone call or text message from "Recents," or do I have to clear all?

2. Can anyone recommend a good screen protector? I bought some case-mate protectors and couldn't get them on without any air bubbles.

Thanks for the help!

Jim
QUOTE Thanks
parrots

parrots is on a distinguished road

Jim,

Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to the first question.

Regarding the second however, I bought a really nice griffin case for my Iphone that came with a really thick screen protector. When I put the protector on, it would block the light from getting to the light sensor and turn off the screen.

I went to at&t and asked if they had any good screen protectors for the iphone. The guy behind the counter said that screen protectors are practically useless since the screen is made from cubic zirconium. (Fake diamonds) Because of this, if you do damage to the screen, odds are it will shatter before it scratches.

Anybody else hear of something similar to this?
QUOTE Thanks
dakineyj

dakineyj will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5

Best protection you can buy...
www.zagg.com

I took it off my 1st gen iPhone to sell the phone. Then my girlfriend decided she wanted it. Went into AT&T to activate it and they guy says I have not seen an 1G iPhone in such good condition.
QUOTE Thanks
kbalch

kbalch is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" iMac, 2.8GHz, 500GB, 4GB

1. Is it possible to clear a single phone call or text message from "Recents," or do I have to clear all?

No, unfortunately, this isn't possible. Clearing the recent call list is an all or nothing proposition.

2. Can anyone recommend a good screen protector? I bought some case-mate protectors and couldn't get them on without any air bubbles.

I've been using the Crystal Film protector from Power Support (purchased at the local Apple store) since January. Looks great, works great.

Ken
QUOTE Thanks
iscameron

iscameron is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHz,13'' macbook white, 20" iMac, 16GB iPhone 3G white.

I just got a new iphone as well and am also considering a case/skin.

I've found a great skin that my friend has on his new iphone.. Comes in two options a two pice back (for easy intallation) or a one piece for no seam on the back. anyway i think everyone should check it out cause its only 7.99 and it "says" that its made with military grade finish.

I'm picking it up along with the marware white sportgrip
http://store.apple.com/ca/product/TS...mco=MTI5MzUxMA

Check it:
http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet/StoreFront
http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet...3G-Skin/Detail
QUOTE Thanks
Bobeder9

Bobeder9 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz MacBook Pro SR

It is not possible to delete individual phone calls if you aren't jailbroken. There is an app available or jailbroken phones that will let you do this.

I have never heard of the screen being made of CZ. I know for a fact it will scratch. My 1st gen had a good scratch on the screen. I personally like the anti glare screen protector they sell at Apple stores. It is static cling so no nasty residue.
QUOTE Thanks
Dman77

Dman77 is on a distinguished road

I bought a protective film for my screen which was pretty good, only £5. I wanted more though so got a Griffin hard case which I love.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone 3G... Use a protective Case or not? | For those who didn't understand why some people are against App Store exclusivity »