New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

How much time do you spend cleaning you 3G?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Maybe they should make an app to keep track. Seriously, the fingerprints on this thing are a real eyesore. I'm constantly wiping on my shirt of pants just to make it presentable. I'm kind of a neat freak, so maybe it's just me.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
Waterpolo820

Waterpolo820 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell

More time than I am talking on it. But seriously when ever I see a blemish on it I clean it with my T-shirt, or if handy a cloth.

"In a world full of ordinaries,
I will be extraordinary"
QUOTE Thanks
skaheadpunk

skaheadpunk has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule

I've not cleaned it yet... does that make me the dirtiest iPhone owner?
QUOTE Thanks
Bobeder9

Bobeder9 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz MacBook Pro SR

Get the anti-glare screen protector they sell at the Apple Store. Never worry about fingerprints again.
QUOTE Thanks
rsmithgi

rsmithgi will become famous soon enough

I have the white model with the anti-glare screen protector. I almost never need to clean it now. The white doesn't show fingerprints and the anti-glare is great at hiding fingerprints also. You give up a bit of screen brightness and contrast, but for me it's worth it.
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobeder9 View Post
Get the anti-glare screen protector they sell at the Apple Store.
I love that thing.
QUOTE Thanks
DaSouljah

DaSouljah is on a distinguished road

Buying the anti-glare would definately hide most of your finger prints and you really shouldn't have to clean you iPhone that often (prolly every two weeks), but if you do here is a simple way to clean it:

Quote:
...Before you clean your iPhone, you need to make sure that you have the following items: water, microfiber cloth and your favorite CD to relax you and make the process enjoyable. Make sure that you NEVER use any type of chemical agents to clean your iPhone, because these can actually hinder the way the screen interacts with you. With the microfiber cloth, which is available through the many various iPhone retailers, dip the corner of the cloth into the water, allowing it to become saturated with the water.

If there are streaming water drops coming from where you wiped the mirror, than you have too much water on the cloth and you need to dry it out some.

You want to be able to wipe your iPhone screen without having drops of water left behind. Next, take the slightly wetted cloth and begin to wipe the screen of your iPhone in a up-and-down motion. It will usually take one or two wipes to clean the entire surface of your iPhone. How often you clean your iPhone depends on how much you use it. Average users clean their iPhone once a week, maybe once every two weeks (source: Apple Krazy)...

AppleKrazy.com - Your Ultimate source for Tips, Tricks, and Talks

QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

I just wipe it on my pants.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
Dimitri

Dimitri is a jewel in the roughDimitri is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz

I just lick the entire surface, and buff to shine on my shirt. Effective AND tasty.

Portable DAP: iPod nano 4G 8GB (green)
Headphones: Sennheiser HD485, Sennheiser PX-100W
Computer: Aluminum iMac 24" 2.8GHz
Mobile: iPhone 3G 16GB (black)
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Probably not as much as I should. Speaking of which, I need to take the case off and get the sawdust out from underneath it..

QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
I just lick the entire surface, and buff to shine on my shirt. Effective AND tasty.
Have you tried that on a DVD?

If not, your missing out!
QUOTE Thanks
jcmoore2

jcmoore2 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15.4 Macbook Pro, 2.5, 200GB 7200rpm HDD, 4GB RAM- 24" iMac 2.9, 1TB HDD, 4GB, 2 iPhones, 3 iPods

I actually cary mine around in my oakley sunglasses bag to keep it from getting scratched and to clean off the finger prints. I don't really trust my t-shirt to clean the screen for fear of scratching it.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Unless your shirt has shards of diamonds on it, don't be too worried about scratching the glass surface of your iPhone.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
Skulleyern

Skulleyern is on a distinguished road

Dudes, get Invisible shield. You can put your iPhone in a box of nails and shake it around and now even get a scratch
QUOTE Thanks
Dimitri

Dimitri is a jewel in the roughDimitri is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz

Sweet! I've been waiting for the time to come when I can finally drop my iPhone into the pocket where I either carry nails or diamonds!

Portable DAP: iPod nano 4G 8GB (green)
Headphones: Sennheiser HD485, Sennheiser PX-100W
Computer: Aluminum iMac 24" 2.8GHz
Mobile: iPhone 3G 16GB (black)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« how often does safari crash on your iphone? | Just had to do it »