New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

how do you manually fetch contact info?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kaelell

kaelell is on a distinguished road

like many after the initial hype about mobile me push, ive been dissapointed with the debilitating battery life. so through the iphone options ive turned off push and set everything to fetch manually. But how on earth do you fetch manually? !

IVe read simply opening the relevant application should do this, but to test this ive added a new contact via my macbook, synced it to mobile me and opened contacts on my phone. But after 20 minutes still nothing. Please could you advise on what I am doing wrong.

Also in theory if I add a new contact to my phone, should this be uploaded to mobile me at the time I create it?

thanks in advance
QUOTE Thanks
kaelell

kaelell is on a distinguished road

seems I resolved this myself. Syncing was working fine with my 2g phone but when I upgraded to 3g not quite sure how but my Sync options on the macbook had changed. ( possibly due to recent updates for Ilife which added mobile me which was the last thing I changed /shrug) but anyhow even though I was hitting sync in the menu bar it wasn't syncing to mobile me. Reset sync history & selected sync to mobileme again on macbook. Opening contacts on iphone and waiting a few minutes did fetch the updated contacts and also sent the new contacts to my "cloud".
QUOTE Thanks
wcarr3

wcarr3 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP, 13.3" || iMac 20" 2.16 GHz C2D, 250 GB HD, 2 GB RAM, || 32GB i-Phone 4 || 32GB AT&T 3G iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaelell View Post
seems I resolved this myself. Syncing was working fine with my 2g phone but when I upgraded to 3g not quite sure how but my Sync options on the macbook had changed. ( possibly due to recent updates for Ilife which added mobile me which was the last thing I changed /shrug) but anyhow even though I was hitting sync in the menu bar it wasn't syncing to mobile me. Reset sync history & selected sync to mobileme again on macbook. Opening contacts on iphone and waiting a few minutes did fetch the updated contacts and also sent the new contacts to my "cloud".
This whole manual fetch had me a little baffled to. One question for you. How do you have your settings in MobileMe on your laptop? Do you have it to synchronize with MobileMe automatically? Or do you have it to periodically set every hour, day, or week?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« VoiP | iPhone able to be used as wireless internet device for MBP? »