New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Sometimes I hate technology

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

I went to the Apple store today to finally stand in the (short) line for the 3G. Thankfully they have the foresight to send employees through the line to check to make sure people are set for buying the phone, associated discounts, etc.

I had already checked with AT&T to make sure I was eligible for the discounted deal. But the woman with Apple said I couldn't get it because I have a business account and Apple/AT&T made a deal that people with business accounts can only get their iPhones at AT&T stores!! First off, I don't even have a business discount any more, and second, that's just dumb! I called AT&T and got it worked out (they forgot to take a code off my account when I discontinued my business discount), but I have to prey the computers update and link up today before 6pm or I can't get the phone being held.

The worst part of this situation is that, by the simple fact that I have a legit iPhone for my account means there's no way I have a business account/discount, because originally you couldn't have an iPhone and business discount. But because computers control everything these days and not people, they couldn't do anything to get me a phone even though we all know I should be able to buy one!!

/end rant

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

I feel for ya. Sadly, it's just the way life is now. Many of these systems don't even have a "manual over-ride" where someone who can see that there is an obvious error can fix it, it has to go up 4 levels of management and be approved and then can take time for "the system to update".

What ever happened to the KISS principal?

QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

as an audior, I can appreciate the need for certain limitations to deter fraud, but this situation does not warrant it IMHO.

I am in line now and it's only a couple of people. Despite it being way after the 6pm limit to hold my phone, they still have it. They've scored some points back for me.

EDIT: finally got my 3G and feeling much better. I didn't even notice in the pics that it's a little fatter and taller than the first one. I wish the screen was still flush with the edge on the sides, but it still looks good.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone anti-theft options | Charge iPhone while my iMac gently sleeps? »