New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

real life battery experience

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lilmill

lilmill is on a distinguished road

for those of you that upgraded what do you think of the battery on 3g. I'm thinking of doing the upgrade but i'm afraid the battery will be too weak. As it stands I can barely go a day on a 8 gig original.

2.93 27inch imac with ssd+2tb,2.6 XPS720 vista64 8gig_17 2.6 MBP with 4gig and 200gig 7200 rpm_ATV 160 gig_iphone32gs_AEBS_1TB timecapsule,and drobofs
QUOTE Thanks
dakineyj

dakineyj will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5

It seems to run down a little bit faster, to me, if I keep my settings the same as my first iPhone. Now I've switched off WiFi, which I left on all the time with the first one. We'll see how that works out. They say that the 3G iPhone has the best battery time compared to all other 3G phones. I would say don't let that stop you from upgrading. Just put an extra charger at work and one in the car and you'll be good.

Article about battery life...

http://www.pcworld.com/article/14834...ts_rivals.html
QUOTE Thanks
Meyvn

Meyvn will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmill View Post
for those of you that upgraded what do you think of the battery on 3g. I'm thinking of doing the upgrade but i'm afraid the battery will be too weak. As it stands I can barely go a day on a 8 gig original.
The battery lasts about a workday's worth of fairly heavy use if 3G is turned on; awhile longer if it's turned off. It also helps to turn off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi if you're not using them.

'cause when it rains, you know it pours.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MSN for the iPhone | does this bother anyone about the iphone? »