New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

does this bother anyone about the iphone?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Xyphos

Xyphos is on a distinguished road

the fact that theres no LED so when you want to check if you have a missed call, sms, VM, etc...So when you want to check you have to push a button on the phone every time. I just know I'm going to start getting OCD about waking up my phone whenever I leave my phone.
QUOTE Thanks
KeatMP

KeatMP is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 2.2GHz 2GB RAM 120 GB HD 15" NVidia 8800MGT 128MB - iPhone 3G

It doesnt bother me. My previos phones never reminded me of I had a missed call/text message by using an LED. I always had to push a button or open them to see if it was trying to tell me something.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Nah - I use my iPhone as my watch, so if I check the time, I'll see any missed calls. Besides - it's good to break the "check everything all the time" habit and segment your email / messages checking habit into regular intervals.
QUOTE Thanks
Meyvn

Meyvn will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM

I think it would harm the design of the phone if there were an LED on it, which would reduce sales. I also think an overwhelming majority use their phone as their watch (like above), so they check it then. Honestly, why not just have it on vibrate or ring instead if you're afraid of missing calls?

'cause when it rains, you know it pours.
QUOTE Thanks
theDarkStranger

theDarkStranger is on a distinguished road

I use my iPhone as a watch also. My thoughts are if i have my phone in a belt clip case or my pocket i'll never see the LED anyway. No use in having it.

Oh well. Just my .02

. .. :::MESS WITH THE BEST, DIE LIKE THE REST::: .. .
QUOTE Thanks
A15P

A15P is on a distinguished road

I agree with above, the only time this comes in handy would be if you have your phone sitting somewhere and leave the room and come back. If its in your pocket or on your belt, you wont see it anyway.

As for having to "press a button" seriously, we have come so far now that pushing a button is too much????
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« real life battery experience | iPhone 3G F.A.Q. »