New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

New owner a few questions

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

B&O

B&O has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.

Hey guys

Finally the iphone was released in Japan, we never had the good fortune to get the non-3G model. I am still suffering from not being able to use standard mobile e-mails yet but everything else seems to work very well.

I just have a few questions, itunes searched to see if any of my songs were useable as ringtones but it didn't actually tell me if there were any or not. How do I find out?

How can I change the background (not the wall paper) I have seen people with ones that have got jpgs behind the buttons instead of just black. Is that something to do with jailbreak?

What apps do you recommend? I am thinking about the piano one. I can't use the web until August 11th until my plan changes kick in. Until then it is an ipod touch that can make calls then in August it will be an iphone that I can use properly. I only want apps that don't use the net for now!
QUOTE Thanks
kishan82

kishan82 is on a distinguished road

Congrats on the iPhone, I'm in Japan too!

First off, in your itunes preferences check off the ringtones box so it'll display that menu. I don't think any songs can be used as ringtones, only the ones you buy specifically for that? I could be wrong. If you have garageband just load up your mp3s and the newest garageband update allows a 'send to itunes as a ringtone' option in the 'share' tab. more at this link:
http://www.tuaw.com/2008/07/08/tuaw-...th-garageband/

I think the wall paper has to do with jailbroken phones? could be worng

Non-net apps: the alarm app is good, phonesaber is near but novelty runs out fast, iPint is pretty neat to show off to your mates. Most of the apps I use require the web, once you get your plan changed definitely get shazam, midomi and twitterific.

hope this helps
QUOTE Thanks
B&O

B&O has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.

Thanks, I have to reinstall garage band. Has anyone installed the music app, I forgot its name. The one where you can play piano.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« discount on 3g iphone | Iphone 3g Signal Strength »