Verizon cancellation
    Hey, anyone who cancels their verizon account look out, I called to cancel mine after I bought my iPhone and an hour later they shut off my phone. I still had 2 weeks left on my contract. After I told the gentleman on the phone I wished to cancel my service he asked why, I told him I had a new iPhone and I no longer needed their service (just to rub it in you know) and he said I had until the 27th of July to use my phone. One hour later it was shut off to any incoming or outgoing calls. I guess you could say thats corporate America!

Specs:
    Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
    Quote Originally Posted by kirath9 View Post
    Hey, anyone who cancels their verizon account look out, I called to cancel mine after I bought my iPhone and an hour later they shut off my phone. I still had 2 weeks left on my contract. After I told the gentleman on the phone I wished to cancel my service he asked why, I told him I had a new iPhone and I no longer needed their service (just to rub it in you know) and he said I had until the 27th of July to use my phone. One hour later it was shut off to any incoming or outgoing calls. I guess you could say thats corporate America!
    Well, you did rub it in his face for spite. It's his job to prevent you from canceling, and when you DO cancel, he's got no reason to be nice to you.
    'cause when it rains, you know it pours.

If he cut it off two weeks before your contract ended I wonder if they are going to try and make you pay an early cancellation fee?

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    I would recommend you pursue a refund for the remaining days on your billing cycle for which you were not able to use the phone.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Thread Information