New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPhone 3G- BEST CASE

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Manuel

Manuel is on a distinguished road

Hi all;

With the arrival of the new iPhone, many companies have already released cases and skins for the new device.

- Are you planning to get a case? Why or why not?
- If not, do you just carry it in your pocket?
- Which one is your favorite or planning to buy and why?
- Do you carry it 'naked' in your pocket? What about scratches?

What do you think?
QUOTE Thanks
jrichard012

jrichard012 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP and iMac; 2 iPhones 4G; 2 iPADS.

I have a history of not encasing my phones. However, it seems prudent to do so with this new gadget. I would like to get the leather belt thing, but am concerned of having it slip off. I've lost three phones in the ocean while sailing with the belt clip designs. I'll be interested to see what the group comes up with. Also, I have seen that everything out there is quite expensive, so I don't want to do a lot of experimenting.
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

It's the Invisible shield for me.... had one on my ipod touch for the past 8 mths and it's come to no harm so far

I've got one on the way already for my iphone
QUOTE Thanks
miyavi

miyavi is on a distinguished road

I have been looking at this one which I heard about from a different site while reading on the new iPhone....

http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet...3G-Skin/Detail

It seems to fit extremely snug. I do not own a regular iPhone or 3G yet but I am fixing to do the 3G purchase after another week or two for the dust to settle a bit.

If anyone has more ideas I'd love to see them. I would really like a black 3G iPhone but I am truly concerned about the fingerprints and such. These, while having an appealing price, are still an investment and should be treated good. At least I think so.
QUOTE Thanks
koolpenguin89

koolpenguin89 is on a distinguished road

I wasnt planning on getting a case until earlier today when i took my ipod classic out of my pocket and found a huge gash in the screen (i put my lighter back in the wrong pocket). I couldnt bear seeing that happen to my iphone, so i will definantly be getting a case when mine arrives late next week.

Dylan
QUOTE Thanks
theraker007

theraker007 is an unknown at this point

hmm whats better between that invisible shield and the bestskinever version which is much cheaper?

invisible shield looks like itll take 2 weeks to even ship if u didnt preorder.
QUOTE Thanks
rich6490

rich6490 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm

IMO, if you want a complete case and not just stick on stuff, the Griffin Nu Form Case. Its thin so it doesn't make the iphone much more bulky, and it protects the screen and the whole iPhone with polycarb casing. The bottom slides off to allow docking which is awesome. http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/nuform

I just ordered one, the cheapest price is from griffins website.

-Zach, A.C.T.
QUOTE Thanks
Dimitri

Dimitri is a jewel in the roughDimitri is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich6490 View Post
IMO, if you want a complete case and not just stick on stuff, the Griffin Nu Form Case. Its thin so it doesn't make the iphone much more bulky, and it protects the screen and the whole iPhone with polycarb casing. The bottom slides off to allow docking which is awesome. http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/nuform

I just ordered one, the cheapest price is from griffins website.
Thanks for the info. I generally find most cases ugly, but this looks pretty nice.

Portable DAP: iPod nano 4G 8GB (green)
Headphones: Sennheiser HD485, Sennheiser PX-100W
Computer: Aluminum iMac 24" 2.8GHz
Mobile: iPhone 3G 16GB (black)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iphone screen...to cover or not to cover? | Adding a Contact to a Group »