New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

I can't install 2.0, my phone is stuck!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

hjimzaf

hjimzaf is an unknown at this point

My phone is stuck trying to access the iTunes store. It timed out so I ejected it and it told me to plug into iTunes, only slide for emergency. I plugged it back in and still won't access the store. HELP!!!
QUOTE Thanks
RNDdave

RNDdave is a jewel in the roughRNDdave is a jewel in the roughRNDdave is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Alu MacBook | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | iPad2 (3G)

I had this problem - keep trying - took me about 4 or 5 attempts to get through - now taking AGES to put all my music back on...

Good luck.
QUOTE Thanks
jdgti

jdgti will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" Macbook Pro Unibody 2.66 Ghz and Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz 2.0GB RAM

Its a short informative article on the issue that will be updated throughout the day/week I am assuming.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/07/11/i...ers-being-sen/
QUOTE Thanks
cuhnool

cuhnool is a jewel in the roughcuhnool is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3

I'm talking to my friend right now, and he went to the Apple store to check out the 3Gs, and he was talking to the clerks about the 2.0 Update. He's telling me that they will have bug fixes by the end of next week. I don't know if that has to do with bugs, but the 2.0 update has been messing up his phone. So we'll see. . .

And wow I posted this in the wrong thread.

QUOTE Thanks
IZVERG

IZVERG is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" MBP unibody

Yep, iTunes had a MASSIVE server overload this morning. I just bought my iPhone 3G and can not even activate it because iTunes is still not cooperating. After talking to Apple tech support, they said they should hopefully be up and running by 1:00 p.m. CST today... hopefully.

-Ever Forward-
My X Blog
QUOTE Thanks
phc

phc is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: intel imac 24" 2.8GHz, 8GB ipod Nano, 16gb white iphone, 250gb apple tv, 8gb iphone.

this is great, modern technology put to the test and guess what its doesn't work !!!. now been trying for 4 hours to get old iphone to talk to itunes 20 attempts later and still not working. How can apple of underestimated the usage and number of people upgrading they shipped the stuff and knew the numbers.

This is crap total crap.
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phc View Post
this is great, modern technology put to the test and guess what its doesn't work !!!. now been trying for 4 hours to get old iphone to talk to itunes 20 attempts later and still not working. How can apple of underestimated the usage and number of people upgrading they shipped the stuff and knew the numbers.

This is crap total crap.
Take a break and come back later to see if its working...
QUOTE Thanks
markd

markd is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" iMac Intel

If I remember right sort of the same thing happened when the first iPhone was released. Didn't it? Everyone was trying to go on iTunes at the same time and the server just couldn't handle it.

Apple should have expected this and increased the bandwidth/service capacity. I expected to have some problems. That was a lot of things released at the same time (MobleMe, iPhone 2.0, revamp iTunes for Apps). And they are releasing the iPhone in more countries this time.

I figure it'll all be worked out in a couple of days. They always done it before. The main thing is that we have a working iPhone (at least the phone) until it get's worked out.

Mark
QUOTE Thanks
IZVERG

That's just it though, the rest of the stuff works on it but I have no calling capabilities. I a connecting to the internet through my home network. It would be nice to get this thing setup and actually be able to carry it around w/ me, ya know, like a normal phone!

-Ever Forward-
My X Blog
QUOTE Thanks
Bman

Bman will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Black MacBook--2.4ghz--4gb RAM--250gb HD__iPod Touch 8gb

Thats why i have a regular walkman slider phone and getting the ipod touch...yeah i get the idea that the iphone is my phone plus touch together...but i wont be getting aggrevated and will have two awesome pieces of technology. That both totally work...at the point of purchase.

Black MacBook--2.4ghz--4gb RAM--250gb HD
iPod Touch 8gb
QUOTE Thanks
skaheadpunk

skaheadpunk has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule

I've been trying to do it for 7 hours.
QUOTE Thanks
IZVERG

It's working!!! Finally, my new iPhone is syncing...

-Ever Forward-
My X Blog
QUOTE Thanks
skaheadpunk

skaheadpunk has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule

Woooo! Mine's just finished
QUOTE Thanks
ICD-EVIL

ICD-EVIL is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 8GB iPhone, A new MB (When they come out!)

Mine doesn't even give me the option to make emergency calls. I know what screen that is. Mine just permanently has the iPhone cord going into the iTunes logo on it, nothing else. No slide for emergency thing.

What is wrong with this.

error 13 and error 6, is there an error log somewhere?
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Did you upgrade to iTunes 7.7?

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« When will we be able to activate? | 3g Iphone and charger overheating? Please help »