New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

No MMS

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Xyphos

Xyphos is on a distinguished road

Is MMS a possible third party add on? I just want to know if I should get my hopes up for this.
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyphos View Post
Is MMS a possible third party add on? I just want to know if I should get my hopes up for this.
There are 3rd party applications for jailbroken phones.
QUOTE Thanks
Dimitri

Dimitri is a jewel in the roughDimitri is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz

Which means there could be one in the works for the app store?

Portable DAP: iPod nano 4G 8GB (green)
Headphones: Sennheiser HD485, Sennheiser PX-100W
Computer: Aluminum iMac 24" 2.8GHz
Mobile: iPhone 3G 16GB (black)
QUOTE Thanks
cuhnool

cuhnool is a jewel in the roughcuhnool is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3

you know, I would think that after allowing Office files to be read via e-mail, they would have MMS.

QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

You'll never see an MMS app in the app store. If MMS is ever added on, AT&T will add it and for a price to send and receive.

This is another reason why Apple having complete control over apps on the iphone is bad for us consumers. Apple and AT&T can completely control the applications and charge you for certain functions if they want to. They don't do that with you regular computer, and since the iPhone is simply a handheld computer, I am completely against it.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
Bobeder9

Bobeder9 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz MacBook Pro SR

There WAS an app available for Jailbroken phones. It is not compatible with 2.0 yet. The developer submitted the app to the app store but it got denied. Which as stated above means it will probably never happen.
QUOTE Thanks
Khris

Khris has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD

Personally, I have no use for MMS on my iPhone. If I want to send a picture I'll email it.

I tried SwirlyMMS on my original iPhone and it was a PITA to use.
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

AT&T:
10digitmobilenumber@txt.att.net
10digitmobilenumber@mms.att.net (pics)
(Doesn't work for iPhones)

Cricket:
10digitmobilenumber@mms.mycricket.com

Nextel:
10digitmobilenumber@messaging.nextel.com

Sprint
10digitmobilenumber@pm.sprint.com

T-Mobile:
10digitmobilenumber@tmomail.net

Verizon:
10digitmobilenumber@vtext.com (text only)
10digitmobilenumber@vzwpix.com (pics)

There is a good thread about this (and my source) over at iLounge Forums.

QUOTE Thanks
Hogester

Hogester is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.6GHZ, 8Gig iPhone, 160Gig iPod Classic, 16Gig 3G iPhone Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss View Post
AT&T:
10digitmobilenumber@mms.att.net (pics)
(Doesn't work for iPhones)
(pics)

There is a good thread about this (and my source) over at iLounge Forums.
I actually just used that today from my 3G, from a gmail account to a friends cel, and it worked just fine.
QUOTE Thanks
Dimitri

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
and since the iPhone is simply a handheld computer, I am completely against it.
The iPhone may be a handheld computer, but it is still a cellphone first and foremost, and has the responsibility of working as reliably as possible. Just look at Windows Mobile devices to get an idea of what programming freedom can become. It's a mess. Even with how much control Apple is having over the app store, I still have seen a drop in reliability of these phones since the 2.0 update, due to the 3rd party apps. Imagine if there was no control. I wouldn't always be so quick to condemn a company trying to keep a certain degree of QC and support.

Either way, Apple isn't the one who cares about MMS, it's AT&T. And of course, MMS isn't exactly free on any other phone either.

QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Quote:
The iPhone may be a handheld computer, but it is still a cellphone first and foremost
And as such it should have MMS like every other mobile with a camera. It should at the very least give the consumer the choice.

If AT&T wants to limit iphone customers then fine but why there isn't an MMS app from Apple for Phone companies who are willing to give their customers MMS.
Email doesn't cut it. There are a huge number of people out there who just don't use email on mobiles. Add to that even fewer have push email so they don't get a notification that an email has arrived. It's no substitute for MMS.
QUOTE Thanks
Dimitri

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrplow View Post
And as such it should have MMS like every other mobile with a camera.
True, but it's mysterious exclusion out of the box is a different story. I don't see the benefit of denying MMS apps unless there's a substantial amount of changes needed under the hood for it to work properly, which I don't really believe.

QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
The iPhone may be a handheld computer, but it is still a cellphone first and foremost,
I would disagree. The difference is subtle but the iPhone is really a Handheld computer that happens to be a phone as well. It is marketed and sold as being a cell phone first and foremost but it is not designed as one.

QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss View Post
They work fine for me.
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric559 View Post
They work fine for me.
It meant that you couldn't send an MMS to an iPhone via this method. Did it work for you? I have not yet tried it.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Ringtones and sms | Woke Up To A Bricked iPhone »