New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

can you hear me now or more bars in more places

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macwannabe

macwannabe is a jewel in the roughmacwannabe is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*

for those of you who have gone from Verizon to AT&T have you had any service issues or problems you have had going over.. i know i have gone from AT&T to Verizon and i have had no problems ever... no dropped called. just wondering how it is for the rest of you...

thanks in advance ..

Click the logo to check out my site...

"learn the basics, learn the rules, and then learn how to break them creatively.." - Phototini
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

I've had AT&T for several years now and have yet to experience the horror stories that I hear about its service. In fact, there have been many places where I have been able to get service where even my friends who have Verizon could not.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
Benjamindaines

Benjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro

I haven't had any dropped calls (other than when someone went into a subway); I do occasionally get the "you call can not be completed at this time", however. The only issue with AT&T VS Verizon is that AT&T doesn't work quite as well through walls and in buildings; this has to do with their network technology difference (GSM for AT&T and CMDA for Verizon).

QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

It's all propaganda anyway. As long as you're in a fairly populated area (read, not in the middle of the mountains or desert) your service will probably be fine no matter what carrier you're on. I've had Sprint and Cingular and never had any issues on either.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
It's all propaganda anyway. As long as you're in a fairly populated area (read, not in the middle of the mountains or desert) your service will probably be fine no matter what carrier you're on. I've had Sprint and Cingular and never had any issues on either.
Agreed. I like Verizon in terms of their network and availability, but I haven't been on AT&T in years - it may have improved since then. I'd love to ditch Verizon, but I can't seem to find a competitive plan with a good deal on an equivalent phone from another carrier. I'm out of contract with Verizon and have been poking around. The iPhone is just a little too salty for me (I only pay about $60/month for two phones - and I'd rather not pay more at this point).

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
macwannabe

macwannabe is a jewel in the roughmacwannabe is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*

yea verizon does have good plans and i can get insurance on my phone i have unlimited everything on a win/ mobile phone.. i just want a freakin' Iphone.. it is like i have a mac itch... my girl says i am crazy

Click the logo to check out my site...

"learn the basics, learn the rules, and then learn how to break them creatively.." - Phototini
QUOTE Thanks
james515

james515 is an unknown at this point

it really does not matter which of wireless companies you go with, they are each going to have their own problems, its how well you react to those problems is the key.

I have been using AT&T (various company names over the years) for 15 years and I have seen it all. I really don't care about reception as I really don't like talking on the phone, but my job makes me have one.
QUOTE Thanks
takadante

takadante will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.14ghz || 120GB || IPHONE 3G 8GB JBken 4GB RAM || <3

The funny thing is that I get full service everywhere except my home. No big deal since I use wifi for Internet but yea
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Anyway to get 3G without signing contract? | iPhione Prices World Wide »