iPhone Pre-Order
    Since Apple is one of those companies that is Uber-Progressive... Is there a way for me to set up a contract with ATT, today, and have them apply all of the selections, and have them FedEx me an iPhone on Friday morning, July 11th?

It seems really half-"butt" backwards to get so excited for a device whose main function is to make our lives and work more efficient; and then stand in line for the better part of a day (a workday no less) trying to get one. That seems like the LEAST efficient way of executing that process.

So, does anyone know of a way to acquire an iPhone without standing in line all day like a communist in a breadline?

Specs:
    Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
    Go the next day when there is no line? That's what I did with the original iPhone, I just waited a few days for the hype to subside, then I walked in, went straight to the counter, and asked for an iPhone. Lady pulled it out, rang me up, and I was out the door in under 5 minutes.

June 2007
    July 2009

Specs:
    8 Gb iPhone/MacBook 2.2 Ghz/G5 iMac/ 8Gb iPod touch
    Same here I went the monday after the release right when then store opened.
    Going to an at&t is also what is the best choice most people will go to apple and try to get one.

Does anyone know about having to sign a contract in store saying that you are going to use the iPhone or something along those lines. I read something like that online.

Specs:
    Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
    I would hate to be an Apple employee that day. I wonder how many times each person will get chewed out when the customer waits in line and when the get to the counter they realize the need to sign a contract, unlike the last one.

I just found out a friend I haven't talked to in a long time works for Apple. She said she has no clue how many they'll get in on the launch date but that they might sell out.

I hope they have one for me that weekend. A co-worker has cash in hand for mine and wants it come Monday AM.

January 2008 Member of the Month

Specs:
    Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
    With the contract stipulation, I have a feeling that Apple isn't too worried about selling out.

June 2007
    July 2009

Specs:
    15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    With the contract stipulation, I have a feeling that Apple isn't too worried about selling out.

I think your right I don't see a million people breaking there current contracts just for the iPhone.
    Plus with the surge of 1st generation iPhones on ebay those not wanting to sign a contract will have plenty of options.

Specs:
    Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
    I hope so. I have to work till 6. There is an AT&T store 2 blocks from my place and an Apple store a mile away. One better have an iPhone.

January 2008 Member of the Month

Thread Information