New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPhone 3G car accessories

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

airwalk331

airwalk331 is on a distinguished road

So, I'll be getting an iPhone 3G when it comes out but one thing I'd love is one of those bendy stand that plug into your cigarrette lighter in your car and holds your phone up right in a position you bend it into and it also charges it.

Does anyone know of an accessory like that for the iPhone 3G? I have a 2008 Honda Civic LX if that helps, so I'd be playing my music on my iphone through the aux input thats located next to the lighter.

Any ideas??
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

If one was made for the current iPhone, then chances are that you should be able to use that with the new iPhone.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
airwalk331

OK. Does anyone know of any good ones??
QUOTE Thanks
airwalk331

anyone???
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

No, but I hope some good ones are made, because I'm planning to make good use of the GPS feature when I get mine. It may not be GPA-car friendly at first, but there's word that Garmin is making an app to work with the iPhone. I'm skeptical since such a program would cut into Garmin's GPS device sales.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
Joe_Cutolo

Joe_Cutolo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
I'm skeptical since such a program would cut into Garmin's GPS device sales.
They will probably charge like $50 for the app. I've used both Garmin and TomTom, and personally, I think TomTom's interface is the most like mac and iphone. I would love to see them write an app for the iphone.
QUOTE Thanks
airwalk331

that would be sweet
QUOTE Thanks
airwalk331

Is there a company that specializes in current gen iphone car adapters/hook ups? Maybe they'll have new ones for the iPhone 3G??
QUOTE Thanks
airwalk331

anyone??
QUOTE Thanks
airwalk331

????????????????????
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all

Well, since the 3G is virtually the same dimensions as the first one, I don't think there's any need to come out with new accessories to hold it, except to milk people out of more money. As for getting holders/accessories for iphone in general, they're freakin' everywhere! Google is your friend.

The smaller screen compared to stand-alone GPS devices and my car windshield pitched really far forward will make using the it for GPS while driving a little difficult. If someone could make a flip-down sun visor mount for it, that would be in the perfect position for me to use.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
airwalk331

There's gotta be new car holsters/stands for it because of the GPS feature...
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

I don't really see why. Other than maybe some new mounting positions in the car, like I mentioned, I don't see why there would need to be different accessories from what's already out. I can't even think of what something different would be. It's basically the same device: same dimensions, same buttons in the same places, same touch screen. There's already plenty of mounts that give access to all the buttons and the screen. There's suction/windshield mounts, vent mounts, cup holder mounts, console mounts, seat bolt mounts, etc. And most of them swivel for portrait and landscape viewing. So what new setup are you thinking of?

QUOTE Thanks
airwalk331

well what's already out there then? that was my original question.

What car mounts do you guys have??
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

There's just tons and tons of them, way too many to list, and they can all be found with a simple Google search.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone 3G Activation Question | Does the iPhone work in iPod docks? »