New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Reported lost iphone....

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

takadante

takadante will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.14ghz || 120GB || IPHONE 3G 8GB JBken 4GB RAM || <3

Ok so my cousin reported his lost iphone a couple weeks ago, and is flagged on AT&T and Apple. He ended up finding it and never bothered to unreport it. How would he go about "unflagging" it. Should i just call Apple or AT&T for him or what? What sort of info should i ask from him when i talk to the rep?
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

He should contact AT & T, since he would have all of the information that AT & T need to correct the problem.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
takadante

I think AT&T removed the flag, but when i took his phone to apple, they wouldnt service it because it was still reported stolen.
QUOTE Thanks
IAmBen

IAmBen is on a distinguished road

You sure you didn't "find" the phone yourself? I think most people would just call and solve the problem themselves and leave their cousin, who has nothing to do with the phone, out of the process.
QUOTE Thanks
takadante

LOL i would assume that too, except for the fact that he is half german and doesnt know english too well.

What ever i doubt i will get my answers here. This story is sketchy enough.

A simple question: Who would I contact in order to resolve this? I have already contacted AT&T and they said return it to the seller(ebay), but I dont know what that has anything to do with it because it was unopened. Should I contact apple?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« is there an official list of apps due at the app store i can read about? | iPhone glass scratches »