New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Is white iPhone 3G White feminine?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

charliecrosslan

charliecrosslan will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Air 1.8 Ghz, 64GB SSD, iMac 24"Core2Extreme, iPhone 8GB, iPod Classic 80GB

People keep saying that the iphone 3g in white is too feminine, what do you think?...
QUOTE Thanks
sanity1082

sanity1082 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle

who cares what others think, it should be about what you like.

i heard the same thing about the white macbook. it didnt stop me from getting one.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanity1082 View Post
who cares what others think, it should be about what you like.

i heard the same thing about the white macbook. it didnt stop me from getting one.
Agreed completely!

I remember the whole the White Macbook is not Manly argument a while back.

If you like it in White, buy it! Enjoy it!

My iMac is white. Nicest computer I have ever owned. So is my iBook.
QUOTE Thanks
Noels

Noels has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM

charlie,

I have to second sanity's opinion - what matters is what you like an what you think about it. I have a white Macbook also and a white iPod. I think they stay cleaner as well.

Noel
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

since when did white become the new pink? What's wrong with white?? If someone tells you that again, tell them they are a shortbus version of a homophobe.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
ibookmobile007

ibookmobile007 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: C2D 27" W/ MAGIC MOUSE,iPhone 3GS

I personally will get a white one (To break away from the ones that are purchasing the all black).I agree with every member here.My ibook,imac are all white (ibooks sold on ebay)but Its still a nice twist.Its not Us men are saying we will tote a pink iphone around..So you should be golden.
QUOTE Thanks
bryphotoguy

bryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nice
Mac Specs: Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone

I was thinking about getting the white one because it would stick out against all of the black 8GB models. But I use it a lot in my car so the white will stick out against the black and gray interior or the car.
So, I will be going with black.

I didn't see white as a feminine color before this thread was posted. I figured white was a choice because of the white MacBooks.

January 2008 Member of the Month
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

No, I don't think it feels girls or childy for all of us

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Personally, I will be getting a black one. For me, when it comes to tech, black is beautiful. I'm still hoping for a black MBP.

I will have not problem blending in with the crowd. All of the "Is that and iPhone? Can I see it?" was fun at first, but now it's just annoying. Either way, I think the iPhone will be as common as blackberries soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryphotoguy View Post
. . . But I use it a lot in my car so the white will stick out against the black and gray interior or the car.
So, I will be going with black.
I thought you were going with a red/white theme for your car. It would be perfect for that.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
j21m2293

j21m2293 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 8 Gb iPhone/MacBook 2.2 Ghz/G5 iMac/ 8Gb iPod touch

I have to agree with pretty much everyone else on here. Go with what makes you happy.I thought the white one was weird when i first saw it, but then when I looked at it on apple it is what I would get if i didn't already have the iPhone.
Which btw I have a white case for
QUOTE Thanks
Dec540

Dec540 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 2011 15" 2.0Ghz (hi-res, Momentus XT). 32GB iPhone 4.

I hear that the black one is very prone to finger prints where as the white one stays cleaner for longer. see this link http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/art...3gs-new-shell/
QUOTE Thanks
bryphotoguy

bryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nice
Mac Specs: Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
I thought you were going with a red/white theme for your car. It would be perfect for that.
It would match the body; the interior is black. A white iPhone would be the only thing white in my car.

January 2008 Member of the Month
QUOTE Thanks
charliecrosslan

charliecrosslan will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Air 1.8 Ghz, 64GB SSD, iMac 24"Core2Extreme, iPhone 8GB, iPod Classic 80GB

Thanks

I wanna see the two colurs in person first before i decide. Ill get the 16 gb anyway, so its just the colur i need to decide
QUOTE Thanks
kkelly122

kkelly122 is a jewel in the roughkkelly122 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP l iPhone l iPod

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
since when did white become the new pink? What's wrong with white?? If someone tells you that again, tell them they are a shortbus version of a homophobe.
haha i lol'd.

to the op, the 3g iphone looks sweet. how can someone say white is feminine? they must have snorted a huge line of something before they said that statement.
QUOTE Thanks
Levi

Levi has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD

I think the 5G iPod, MacBook and Nintendo DS look better in white than black. I think the PSP, iPod Classic and iPhone look better in black than white/silver. I think the iPod Shuffle (2G) looked best in that bright orange, and the iPod nano (2G) looked best in the bright blue and green. I think the Spyderco Delica looks best in pink, and the UKPK looks best in foliage green.

Why? I have no idea.

Koalas: The mafia of the animal kingdom.

Now Powered By Leopard.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« HELP!! I think I've done something silly... | Iphone car audio woe »