New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

what should I do to get replacement?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

takadante

takadante will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.14ghz || 120GB || IPHONE 3G 8GB JBken 4GB RAM || <3

I need a replacemnt iPhone but I don't know what to tell apple. The lock button on the top doesntwork and I don't think they will replace it for that. So, what should I say or tell them. Will they send a replacement over the phone because I live about 30 miles frm the nearest apple store
QUOTE Thanks
cuhnool

cuhnool is a jewel in the roughcuhnool is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3

If it's not working, and still under warranty, they will replace it regardless of what the problem is.

QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

bargsbeer is a jewel in the roughbargsbeer is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

They will replace it in store. I would call first to make sure they have them in stock to replace yours.Because they don't work on them in the store they always replace them which is why they run out of the refurbished replacements
(This is what a Apple tech told me)

Good luck
QUOTE Thanks
fyrman22

fyrman22 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano

30 miles.... I drive 20 miles to work at my Apple store. I would drive that far to get a replacement the same day. Go to apple.com/retail and make an appointment and bring it in and get a new phone. But make an appointment or you will be waiting around for a while before they can see you. And be sure to sync your phone before you go in. It will save you a headache.

QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

Mac Specs: 15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

Fyrman not trying to thread jack,since you work at the Apple store have they given you a date as to when the new iPhone will be officially for sale?

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4

Be fair. He can't and won't answer that - orders from on high.
QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

It's worth the shot.......
QUOTE Thanks
takadante

Well I bought it on ebay and I was so surprised to hear what the Genius had to tell me.

Apparently the phone has been reported stolen and the item is no longer serviceable. Just my luck since i have no proof of purchase and my eBay and paypal transactions are all gone.

I have no idea what to do now =[
QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

With Paypal you should be covered under buyer protection for instances like this. Paypal can pull the order information.... If that iPhone has been reported stolen you could possibly end up in legal trouble. Be careful.
QUOTE Thanks
takadante

The only problem is that the email attached to both my ebay and paypal is no longer in service (switched from @sbcglobal.net to @cox.net)

Can i just resell it on ebay? or will i still be liable if it does come down to a legal matter
QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

If you sell it on eBay,Ship it out of the country. you will get more money for it and I'm sure there will be no liability on your part,You bought the phone no knowing where it came from.
QUOTE Thanks
takadante

I think i might just keep it since I dont want to go through the hassle of over seas shipping. Just not being able to get it serviced might bug me a little....
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Iphone and address book sync gone bad..NO CONTACTS! help | Iphone Glitches »