New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Please help, "unknow error (2005)"

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lourasso

lourasso is on a distinguished road

Hi all, I think i might have bricked my phone! Last night i was installing some new stuff on installer (I can't recall exactly what apps i installed [but none of them was from an untrusted source], since when i quit installer the phone displayed "setting language" with the round wait sign and stayed that way for a long time), after a few minutes it began vibrating randomly, so i decided to turn off the phone!
It wouldn't turn off so i had to reset it using the home and on/off button.
It switched off, but when i tried to switch it back on, all I got was the apple sign, it wouldn't start!
I connected it to the wall socket, planning on leaving it that way all night and see if it started, and the vibrating started again!
I left it all night trying to start, not charging so i wouldn't get the annoying vibrating.
This morning it still hadn't started, i entered it into DFU mode and tried to restore it on iTunes, but i got an "couldn't restore iphone. unknown error (2005)" which i hadn't seen before!
I can't manually restore it or do anything with it since now it won't even turn on, no light no apple logo, nothing. And ZiPhone says I need to restore it using iTunes!

Can anyone help me please or give me some info?
I loved my phone

Thanks

UPDATE: apparently the problem was i was out of disk space! I managed to free up some space and restore it and get it to work again.
QUOTE Thanks
lourasso

lourasso is on a distinguished road

It does turn on when using both power on and home button, I had to connect it to mains because it was out of battery and I'm getting the vibrating again...

UPDATE Ok, i don't know how, but i managed to get iTunes to recognize it, and i saw that i had 0Kb free on my iPhone, and imagine the whole problem was because of this, i freed up some space by deleting songs, and iTunes says the phone is ok, i still can'd manage to turn it on though... Any help appreciated
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Ringtone problem | Iphone and address book sync gone bad..NO CONTACTS! help »