New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPhone - iPhone Explorer

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

joe.morgan

joe.morgan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD

Is there an iPhone explorer for mac? I know there is a program called iPhone browser for windows which basically acts like windows explorer so you can browse all the phones content but is there a solution for the mac?

Thanks

Joe
QUOTE Thanks
giulio

giulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iPod Touch | iPod Nano

Yep, there are.

http://code.google.com/p/ipoddisk/
http://www.mulle-kybernetik.com/software/iTunesFS/

But I prefer to run AFPd on the device. It shows up in the finder sidebar via Bonjour. No installs required on the mac.

schweb This has to be one of the best threads ever in MF history...
Cherokee This gets my vote for most innovative thread on Mac-Forums... ever.
QUOTE Thanks
joe.morgan

Mac Specs: Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD

Thanks for your help. Could you explain a little more about the AFPd and bonjour?
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

You could always install SSH onto your iPhone and then use Fugu to browse through the file system.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
joe.morgan

sorry I am not familiar with SSH or Fugu. Is Fugu something for the mac that connects through SSH on the phone to explore?
QUOTE Thanks
stevel

stevel is on a distinguished road

If you need to change/modify iphone demo mode (store demo mode) using this method....

To stop the demo video from playing, delete /var/mobile/Demo.movwithout restoring, jailbreak it and install OpenSSH, then edit the /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.apple.demo-settings.plist file (I did this by downloading it to my Mac with ssh, using Property List Editor and uploading it) and set "LockIcons" and "StoreDemoMode" to false (you might just be able to delete the file, I didn't try).

To stop the demo video from playing, delete /var/mobile/Demo.mov

Tut by: tduc

-----
iphone demo movie remove screen, display unit, how to turn off iphone demo mode,
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Roberts Robi | iPhone 4 Accessory Recommendations »