New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

iPhone - Get it now or wait for new one?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

hobs707

hobs707 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15'' Macbook Pro, 17'' Intel iMac, 80gb iPod classic

I'm thinking of buying an iPhone, but several things are holding me back.

First, I have Verizon, and another year left on my contract. Second, AT&T gets horrible views from places like Consumer Report, though I've never heard an iPhone user complain about the service. Third, as soon as I buy one they'll probably be a new one released in June at the apple event.

They are selling them cheap on ATT's site for 250, but I'm just not sure what I should do.

Thoughts?
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

You're not going to see it from another provider for quite some time. As I understand it, AT&T has an exclusivity agreement for something like 4 years.

As with any technology, if you truly need it now, just buy it. If you're always waiting for the next big thing, you'll be waiting forever. Buy what you need when you need it and it will continue to do what you bought it for long after it is replaced by a newer/better/faster model.

If it doesn't do what you need it to do right now, or it doesn't work on the carrier you want, then don't buy it.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Netty4mac

Netty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Macky the Macbook Pro 2.3Ghz i5 4GB Ram, Mr.Pink 16GB White iPhone 4

The iPhone is already great as it is, IMO. So, if you would like to have it now just buy it. I've had mine for about 1 month and I love it!!

QUOTE Thanks
Waterpolo820

Waterpolo820 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell

I would wait, unless you need it as a replacement, thats what I'm doing.
QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

bargsbeer is a jewel in the roughbargsbeer is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

I really don't understand all you people that are waiting......Get over it and go buy it. trust me you won't regret it!
I love mine and you'll love yours.
QUOTE Thanks
MacNNJ

MacNNJ is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Blk MacBook 2.16 Ghz C2D, 2GB RAM, 160 GB HD OS X & iPhone 4 32GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobs707 View Post
I'm thinking of buying an iPhone, but several things are holding me back.

First, I have Verizon, and another year left on my contract. Second, AT&T gets horrible views from places like Consumer Report, though I've never heard an iPhone user complain about the service. Third, as soon as I buy one they'll probably be a new one released in June at the apple event.

They are selling them cheap on ATT's site for 250, but I'm just not sure what I should do.

Thoughts?
Where? I just checked and didn't find any. Can you please provide the link? Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

You won't see another carrier with the iPhone until around June of 2012 due to AT&T's 5 year contract with Apple, so that's probably not a good choice.

As far as waiting for a better one, it has already been confirmed that there will be a 3G iPhone by the end of the year, but I bet it won't come until Christmas shopping season. Until then, there may be another capacity boost, but that's probably all.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Screen cover issue | Possible bugs? »