Make text into a hyperlink on iPad
    How do you make text into a hyperlink rather than pasting the link into an email using the iPad keyboard?

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    What version of iOS are you using? What mail client are you using? Where are you creating the hyperlink?
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Quote Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
    What version of iOS are you using? What mail client are you using? Where are you creating the hyperlink?
    iOS 7.1.2, I'm using Apple Mail and copying the hyperlink from the address bar in Chrome for iOS.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Then don't worry about it. If you're copying the entire URL, ie "http://www.mac-forums.com" for example, it will be a live clickable link when the recipient receives it.

I figured out that the way to do it is to copy a hyperlink from the browser's address bar, paste it into an email and edit it from the middle so you can turn it into any word you like and it still works as a link.

Tedious, but but it looks better than a hyperlink in the text of the email, there doesn't seem to be a way to edit text to include a link.

Thanks.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Sorry, I slightly misunderstood what you were asking. What you really wanted to know (for future reference) was "can I embed HTML code for hyperlinks in Mail" and the answer is no.

Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    Sorry, I slightly misunderstood what you were asking. What you really wanted to know (for future reference) was "can I embed HTML code for hyperlinks in Mail" and the answer is no.
    Thanks, perhaps in a future version of iOS?

Specs:
    Not very likely. Possibly an alternate mail client would be helpful, but I've not researched this at all. On the very very rare occasion that I need to create HTML-based mail, I use a Mac program called Mail Designer.

As mentioned earlier, the full URL will be clickable by the recipient when included in an email, but the embedding you're wanting to do can't be done in Mail (on either a Mac or iOS device).

Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    Not very likely. Possibly an alternate mail client would be helpful, but I've not researched this at all. On the very very rare occasion that I need to create HTML-based mail, I use a Mac program called Mail Designer.

As mentioned earlier, the full URL will be clickable by the recipient when included in an email, but the embedding you're wanting to do can't be done in Mail (on either a Mac or iOS device).
    You can in Mail on OSX using Edit>Add link, I do it all the time.

All the best.

Thread Information