New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Problems with photos!!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Rafsob

Rafsob is an unknown at this point

I am having a problem with my photos on my iPad 3. When i go into iTunes and try to change from my computer file for my photos to iPhoto and then try to sync it tells me I am "Over capacity by xx.x gb" . I don't understand this. I have used iTunes to manage my stuff on my iPad since I've had it.

How do I get rid of all the photos on my iPad so I can have room for the other photos from iPhoto??? Help please.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Your iPad has limited storage capacity like any other storage device. Why do you need to have so many photos on your iPad anyway? Keep them on your Mac or an external hard drive if you a large amount. As far as making more room available on your iPad, backup everything to your Mac or to iCloud and reset your iPad and start over.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Your iPhoto library is likely to be larger than your storage on your iPad, so what you need to do is to go into iTunes with your iPad connected and tell it which albums or events (like just recent photos, etc) you'd like to have synced.
QUOTE Thanks
Rafsob

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
Your iPhoto library is likely to be larger than your storage on your iPad, so what you need to do is to go into iTunes with your iPad connected and tell it which albums or events (like just recent photos, etc) you'd like to have synced.
Maybe i didn't make myself clear. I'm hooked up to iTunes and I am trying to switch from photos from files on my computer and go to iPhoto which has a smaller amount of albums. Well when I do this iTunes tells me that I am over capacity.

So what appears to be happening is the photos on my iPad are not being erased or wiped when I am trying to switch to the iPhoto albums. This should not be happening, right? Now either my iPad is going T. U on me or something else?!?!

I am trying to pare down the apps and other ways to make space, but it doesn't appear to be working. I'm beginning to think the iPad is messing up? What do you guys think?
QUOTE Thanks
Rafsob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafsob View Post
I am having a problem with my photos on my iPad 3. When i go into iTunes and try to change from my computer file for my photos to iPhoto and then try to sync it tells me I am "Over capacity by xx.x gb" . I don't understand this. I have used iTunes to manage my stuff on my iPad since I've had it.

How do I get rid of all the photos on my iPad so I can have room for the other photos from iPhoto??? Help please.
I think I am having a hardware problem. When I try to sync my iPad and it goes through all the steps, a box pops up and tells me that the sync couldn't be done because the connection was lost with my iPad !!! As I speak it is charging and the connection is sound.

Any thoughts on this? I don't know what else to do!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Rafsob

I finally got everything working. I rebooted the iPad and my iMac. It was a software problem. all is working nicely now.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« "Faces" are synced from iPhoto? Why? | Saved Password »