New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Slow ipad2

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Kws1047

Kws1047 is on a distinguished road

I have ATT internet service via wireless router...and IPAD is refreshing pages soooo slow, I have to refresh 2/3 x's to get the slow blue line moving along...I did a full reset/recovery yesterday and thankfully all the saved stuff in contacts etc came back but I understandably lost a number of apps...but everything is still moving like a snail..suggestions?
I did schedule aGenius visit for coming week at App store
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Post moved here to applicable forum.

I'm assuming that your iPad 2 has cellular capability if you're running it off the AT&T network. What kind of download speeds are you getting and how strong is the signal? How about when your iPad 2 is on WiFi, what kind of download speeds do you get then?
QUOTE Thanks
Kws1047

Yes I am using wifi version of ipad2. Speeds are ping 51ms...download 12.09 and upload 1.65
I do not have cellular version iPad, just the wifi type...these are my speeds on home wireless network which is with ATT.thanks for input
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

OK, I misunderstood your first post to mean you were running off cellular rather than WiFi. Your WiFi speeds are not all that bad but the problem with any iPad especially the older models like your iPad 2 is that the processor is slow. You can't really compare the downloading speed of an iPad to that of your Mac or PC which has a much faster processor.

I have an iPad 3 and iPhone 5c and can tell you that when compared to my iMac, the download speeds seem slow and I have a very fast internet connection (50/25). Your download speeds are probably normal. Try taking your iPad to someplace that has free WiFi such as Starbucks, Panera, McDonalds, etc and see what kind of download speeds you get there.
QUOTE Thanks
Kws1047

Ok...makes sense to try a public place...
Thanks...
From Connecticut!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Restorin Playlists | Ipad Mini »