New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

ipad 1 slows down and speeds up again!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rogercorke

rogercorke is on a distinguished road

I've got an iPad 1, which suddenly started slowing down a few weeks ago. I wasn't able to put it back to factory settings (I bought it second hand - only discover that the previous owner had jail-breaked it) and I was about to despair. Then suddenly, without me apparently doing anything, it's started to run fast again. Anyone got any idea why?
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

without knowing how full the iPad is, or whether you're talking about internet connection, there's really no way to tell.

I would put that unit into emergency mode (DFU) and reset it back to factory -- jailbroken, there could be any kind of spyware on there ...
QUOTE Thanks
rogercorke

rogercorke is on a distinguished road

Hi Chas_m

Everything went slowly - connecting to the Internet, Apps on the iPad. Sometimes Apps would simply not work at all and then suddenly it all speeded up as normal. In Storage terms, I've got 7.4GB available and 6.5GB used.

I did try to reset it. I went to Settings, General, Settings and tried Erase All Content and Settings but the little wheel just kept turning for ages until I eventually switched it off and , when I turned it on again, nothing was reset. I'd really like to clear it out and start again. But I'm not sure how to.How to I go into DFU?
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5409794
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Downloading Microsoft Excel Docs From MacBook Air To IPad | Images out of order on iPad air. »