New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Apple iPad Keyboard Dock

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mackeup

mackeup is on a distinguished road

Model #A1359 stopped working today. Is there a way to troubleshoot the keyboard? There's not much to it as far as components and electronics? It was working fine yesterday with an Ipad, but today it won't work with any Ipad. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackeup View Post
Model #A1359 stopped working today. Is there a way to troubleshoot the keyboard? There's not much to it as far as components and electronics? It was working fine yesterday with an Ipad, but today it won't work with any Ipad. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks!
There's not much to do. Random keys on any given keyboard fail from time to time, but the entire thing? Unless the whole thing shorted out, then my best guess is that the dock connector is broken.

Other things to consider... how is it powered? Via battery, a wall outlet, the iPad itself, or some combination of these? You may have a dead battery or a faulty cord that won't charge the battery.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Ipad Air? | Downloading Microsoft Excel Docs From MacBook Air To IPad »