New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Images out of order on iPad air.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bob m

bob m is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" iMac late 2012, 3TB Fusion drive, with 3.4Ghz Intel core i7 @ 32gig DDR3+ Thunderbold Display

Hi.
Have just scanned in nearly 400 postcards, and numbered them so they show in a particular order, all is fine on my iMac but once transfered to my iPad the image order changes and they are all over the place, any idea why this should happen and how can i correct it.
Useng Mavericks on imac and latest OS on iPad air.

regards,
Bob Mallet.
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob m View Post
Hi.
Have just scanned in nearly 400 postcards, and numbered them so they show in a particular order, all is fine on my iMac but once transfered to my iPad the image order changes and they are all over the place, any idea why this should happen and how can i correct it.
Useng Mavericks on imac and latest OS on iPad air.
When you numbered them, did you use "1" for number 1? Or "001" for number 1? When you are numbering items, always use a numbering scheme padded out with 0s so you have the same number or characters. Some software just won't sort it right if not. For example, if I have files numbered "1, 5, 11, 111", some software will sort that as "1, 11, 111, 5". Seems ridiculous, I know, but some apps sort by the first character. I'm not sure if the software you are using on the iPad is doing this though. What app are you using anyway? And how is it showing the sorting?
QUOTE Thanks
bob m

Mac Specs: 27" iMac late 2012, 3TB Fusion drive, with 3.4Ghz Intel core i7 @ 32gig DDR3+ Thunderbold Display

Hi.
They were all numbered 0001 onwards on my iMac but when it sorts on my ipad the first image is 0005 then 0006 then 0003 then 0001, so the order is way out, I have used Photo manager Pro and Sort Shots, none of them will sort properly, I need them in the same order as on my imac.
regards,
Bob
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob m View Post
Hi.
They were all numbered 0001 onwards on my iMac but when it sorts on my ipad the first image is 0005 then 0006 then 0003 then 0001, so the order is way out, I have used Photo manager Pro and Sort Shots, none of them will sort properly, I need them in the same order as on my imac.
regards,
Bob
Unfortunately I simply have no way of knowing what the problem is, and I can't troubleshoot it without purchasing the software myself. I would contact the developers to work it out with them.
QUOTE Thanks
bob m

Thanks for that will contact them for help!!....any picture viewers you would say were worth looking at that may do the job better on an iPad Air.

regards,
Bob on the rock.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« ipad 1 slows down and speeds up again! | Restore Error 2005 »