Specs:
    iMac-27":OS 10.11.3.4GHz:16G B IOS9.2.1 iPhone 6S iPad v4
    Restore ipad backup
    What should I have done? Just returned from vacation. Used ipad to store all pics from 2 iPhones, so there were lots and lots. Not imported via icloud. When I returned home and connected ipad to imac, there was an update to install, which I did and then I did a backup. Next I removed some apps no longer needed and added back game apps for granddaughter and did another sync. Then it was time to edit that giant pile of pics I had on ipad. Managing pics on ipad not the easiest thing to follow, but at one point I went to the photos tab, collections, and see that there were a number of pictures that were duplicated. Confused as to why. Also noticed a couple of different entries had the same day--why not placed together. Anyway, I went about deleting those picture doubles, but when I went back to album view, I saw that pics once in my camera roll were gone and some listed under my photo stream were also gone. ****! I knew I had just done a backup (iTunes told me there was a backup from 5:45) . Before I tried to install the backup, I searched online and read that I should be able to choose the backup I want to install. I mistakenly powered down ipad instead of just deactivating the find my ipad app and so another sync was automatically done when restarted so my backup time was now listed as 6:05. I was not able to see any other backup to restore from other than the 6:05. Is, in fact, there a way to choose restoring from an earlier backup?

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM & 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 8GB RAM 10.10.3, iPhone5 & iPad Air 2 iOS 8.3, ATV3
    In iTunes bring up Preferences using ⌘, (Command plus Comma) then under devices you will see ALL your Backups. Click on the one you want to use, then "Control" Click (right click) on it. Choose show in Finder. When it takes you to that Folder the Backup you want WILL be Highlighted. Select EVERYTHING ELSE and drag them to your Desktop.
    Now quit iTunes, and re-open it, and you will now have only the 1 Backup to choose from. Select Restore Backup and away you go.

Once all done and dusted, go through the "Show in Finder" trick again, and drag all them Backups back in.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Specs:
    iMac-27":OS 10.11.3.4GHz:16G B IOS9.2.1 iPhone 6S iPad v4
    TattooedMac,
    Following your dirs, I see my iPad listed twice. The first says DiPad and yesterday 6:05 PM and the second says DiPad - Feb 23, 2014, 6:48 PM and yesterday 6:05
    There is no 5:45, which was my first backup

Thread Information