New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Getting Files from an iPad App to PC

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Jkenny101

Jkenny101 is on a distinguished road

Hey all, new to the Mac Forums so go easy.

I downloaded an App called "Recorder Pro" (a voice-recording app). I used it to do a YouTube commentary, so it is 60 minutes long. Problem is, it's too big to send via Email. There are no other options within the App to send the file or to dump it somewhere else.

My question is; is there any software or programs I could use to try and extract that 60 minute sound file from my iPad and send it to my PC desktop?

I would really appreciate all opinions/advice!
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

You could use a cloud service like Dropbox, Google Drive or Skydrive. Those (at least the first one) will show up as places to share content when you try to share something.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
RadDave

RadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP 13" (2013); 2.6 GHz i5; 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.9.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkenny101 View Post
I downloaded an App called "Recorder Pro" (a voice-recording app). I used it to do a YouTube commentary, so it is 60 minutes long. Problem is, it's too big to send via Email. There are no other options within the App to send the file or to dump it somewhere else.

My question is; is there any software or programs I could use to try and extract that 60 minute sound file from my iPad and send it to my PC desktop?
Hello & welcome to the forum! I'm assuming that you have been to Recorder Pro Website - if not, then take a look, especially at the FAQs.

First, the recording formats offered seem to be mainly uncompressed audio - not sure if a 'compression' option/conversion is available in the app, e.g. MP3, and not sure if YouTube will accept large uncompressed audio; you may already be aware of their need?

Second, in an FAQ, an iTunes option appears a good choice by simply cabling your iPad to your computer - good luck and let us know if you still have questions or which solution(s) you find. Dave
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPad Air Case with Keyboard | Looking to get an Ipad & wondering what one »