Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   iPad Hardware and Accessories (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ipad-hardware-accessories/)
-   -   1password4 (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ipad-hardware-accessories/308499-1password4.html)

bobmmor 02-08-2014 11:45 AM

1password4

Quick Question how do I get 1password4 to work on my iPad air?

vansmith 02-08-2014 11:51 AM

Have you installed it already on your iPad? Is there something specifically that you're having trouble with?

bobmmor 02-08-2014 01:42 PM

I guess my question is how do I get it to my iPad?

bobtomay 02-08-2014 01:50 PM

Pretty much the same way you get any new software - locate the App Store icon on your iPad and open it - search for 1Password.

chscag 02-08-2014 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobmmor (Post 1566515)
Quick Question how do I get 1password4 to work on my iPad air?

First, you need the iOS version of 1Password which is different and sold separately from the version for your Mac. Folks ask about that quite a bit, however, the iOS version is no longer included when you buy 1Passport for your Mac.

bobmmor 02-08-2014 04:16 PM

OK Guys so your saying I have to purchase it again for the iPad, I thought once bought (kind of costly) I could use it (share) on any apple device.

vansmith 02-08-2014 05:17 PM

You can use the OS X version on as many Macs as the license permits. However, iOS device are a different class of device so sometimes you have to buy the equivalent for that platform as well.

chscag 02-08-2014 05:22 PM

Unfortunately the developer no longer is including the iOS version along with the Mac version which is why I have not updated my copy. 1Password is very good at what it does, however, if you don't need all the extras it provides you might wish to look at other applications which work just as well. The difference is the extent of information that 1Password saves for you when compared to the competitors.

If you wish, take a look at "Dashlane" which is free for the Mac, PC, and iOS. It pretty much does the same thing as 1Password when it comes to saving and creating passwords. It does not have all the bells and frills that 1Password has, however.

bobmmor 02-08-2014 06:57 PM

I Have purchased the one for my New up to date iMac 10.9.2 would the not be the os x version of 1password4 ? when i look for tutorials on utube they only have 1password and it tells how to add that version from an iPhone to an iPad. not from a iMac to iPad as you can tell I'm not that comp savvy thank for your'all patience.Bob

chscag 02-08-2014 07:04 PM

Again, 1Password for the Mac is an OS X application and can not be used on an iPad or iPhone which operates on iOS. What you read is if you have 1Password installed on your iPhone (that would be the iOS version), it can also be installed on your iPad. The reason that is true is because both the iPhone and iPad are powered by the same operating system = iOS.

bobmmor 02-08-2014 08:41 PM

Thanks a lot chscag I did not know that the apple weren't the same and windows was iOS I will just have to fork out 9.95 for the iPad version