New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Set-up ICLOUD on IPAD

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Hal.smith

Hal.smith is on a distinguished road

I NEED ACCESS TO THE ICLOUD.COM WEB PAGE FROM MY IPAD.

Entering the WEB address just goes to Apple's ICLOUD info that is useless getting access to the ICLOUD.COM web page. Thanks to all for help.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Is there any particular reason you need to access the website from your iPad and not through the respective apps (calendar, contacts, etc.)?

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
Hal.smith

The reason I need access is to set up GROUP email lists. The IPAD contacts app does not have the ability to set up email groups. The WEB ICLOUD contact software has the ability to set up up the groups.

My problem is: when I enter www.icloud.com, i am transferred to an Apple web site to "SET UP IPAD FOR ICLOUD". I need the web site to sign-in to my ICLOUD ACCOUNT.

WHEN I GO TO THE WWW.ICLOUD.COM, on my Mac, I get the sign-on for ICLOUD. FROM THERE, I can see all my stuff.

Thanks
hal
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

It's likely designed that way because the web apps don't work well on the iPad. My suggestion would be to either use your Mac for this or try another browser on the iPad that doesn't identify as Safari (so, any other browser). That latter solution may not work but it's worth a try.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal.smith View Post
The reason I need access is to set up GROUP email lists.
You might be able to access the icloud.com web page through a third-party browser like Dolphin -- haven't tried.

Far, far simpler solution: find a public computer, or borrow a friend's computer for five minutes, sign in to iCloud.com from there, make your groups, sign out.

Done.

(yes its odd that Contacts doesn't let you make groups on the iPad, but the reason you can't access iCloud.com through the iPad's Safari browser is the same reason you can't access YouTube videos on the browser (they automatically shift over to the YouTube app if you have it) -- far better experience with the app than the site.
QUOTE Thanks
Hal.smith

Just wanted to thank all for your info and time. As suggested will continue to use my MACBOOK Air or MACBOOK PRO.
Thanks
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« problems about my bluetooth keyboard for ipad | iPad Air sync question »