iPad 4 vs iPad Air
    I'm looking to finally get an iPad and trying to decide between a refurbished iPad 4 and an Air. I can get a bit more for my money with the 4 but wonder if it's worth it to just upgrade to the Air. Thoughts?

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Summary: iPad Air has better graphics, is WAY faster and most importantly lighter and thinner. Apart from the iPad 4 being a little cheaper, the iPad Air is in every possible way better than the iPad 4.

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    Summary: iPad Air has better graphics, is WAY faster and most importantly lighter and thinner. Apart from the iPad 4 being a little cheaper, the iPad Air is in every possible way better than the iPad 4.
    The iPad Air is currently the "Six Million Dollar Man" of iPads!!

BETTER...STRONGER...FASTER!!!

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Specs:
    13" MBP, OSX 10.8.5, 2.5 GHz Intel core i5 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 - I also have an iPad Air.
    Since I saw the iPad Air on Apple's site, I knew I wanted one, though I have to wait awhile. While I wait, I've been reading and comparing. I still want it. When I get it, I'll let everyone know how much I love it.

About 4 years ago, I saw a tablet for the first time; didn't know what it was called, but I did get to try it out. It was amazing! Many years before that, I envisioned a very similar device. I never thought it could do what it did. When I saw what Apple has, since getting my MBP, I knew it'd be Quality, so I know I'll love it. It's worth saving for!
    Sincerely, Quietone

The iPad Air is faster lighter and thinner, but it's your choice

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    I'll throw in a kicker . . . the Retina Mini iPad. I have both the Mini and iPad Air, and love both. But, if I had to choose only one, it would be the Mini hands down.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    The OP might be saying that for around the same money he can get an iPad fourth-gen with much more capacity than with the iPad Air, and that's certainly a consideration. I love my (third-gen) iPad and don't have to deal with the weight issue all that often, but if there was an iPad Air in the house I know I would never use the heavier iPad again.

It all comes down to what's the most important aspect. Lots of storage is nice, but with a little management its not that important. To me, at least, faster/better/lighter/cures cancer is better than a little extra storage, but that's for my needs. Only you can say in your own case.

Thread Information