New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Help: Should i get an ipad mini 2

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

DaKingO

DaKingO is on a distinguished road

Hi all, I'm new to the forums i joined because i needed a little help in making a decision.

I've been thinking about getting an ipad mini with retina display, but i don't know if I should get one. I have an iphone 5 and thus plenty of musical/video content through iTunes. I'd like to primarily use it for some app, games, reading (comics/manga/some books), and watching movies(ps3/ps4 are my primary video apps and movie players). I have several consoles and both handhelds, and I'm just wondering is the ipad mini 2 worth adding to my electronic arsenal.
QUOTE Thanks
MacShane

MacShane has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Gen1 15"MBP-R 2.3GHz i7, 8GB RAM, OSX 10.9.2

Why not? I've been thinking on getting one myself for those times when the 15"MBP is too bulky to bring, but my iPhone screen is too small. Definitely better for reading and watching vids! I really like the mini because it fits in the palm of one hand, unlike the regular-sized iPad...
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

YES GET ONE !!!!

I had the original iPad Mini and this new Retina Screen version is 100% better to read on, play games on, and i love the screen and size. Text is a lot more crisp, so i can read Books with a small enough font, that makes the page numbers come down in iBooks. Playing games is good, with no lag, with the new chips in it.
The 64GB model does me well, with a few games, a LOT of work Apps, and the likes, and a few movies, although i have Air Video to Stream them from my MBP while I'm at home in bed or on the lounge.

They are a great little machine and highly recommend them.

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
PeterC4

PeterC4 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 21.5" iMac 3.1 GHz Intel i7, 16 GB Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKingO View Post
Hi all, I'm new to the forums i joined because i needed a little help in making a decision.

I've been thinking about getting an ipad mini with retina display, but i don't know if I should get one. I have an iphone 5 and thus plenty of musical/video content through iTunes. I'd like to primarily use it for some app, games, reading (comics/manga/some books), and watching movies(ps3/ps4 are my primary video apps and movie players). I have several consoles and both handhelds, and I'm just wondering is the ipad mini 2 worth adding to my electronic arsenal.
This I why I made so much money on apple stock. I have a mini...it's great.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPad or iPad mini? | Save documents in iPad pages »