Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1


    Member Since
    Nov 20, 2012
    Posts
    100
    Maps sounds on ipad air
    Hi

    I have an ipad air and I like to use maps on this device.

    Can any one help me how to switch on sounds on maps for navigation. Tha ipad is wifi only but I use an internet key when navigating since I do not have 3g

    Thanks

  2. #2

    rabbitjetta's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 08, 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    967
    Specs:
    Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac9346 View Post
    Hi

    I have an ipad air and I like to use maps on this device.

    Can any one help me how to switch on sounds on maps for navigation. Tha ipad is wifi only but I use an internet key when navigating since I do not have 3g

    Thanks
    You should already have sounds if you have the silent switch off and the volume tuned up while you are in maps.

  3. #3

    TattooedMac's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 19, 2009
    Location
    Waiting for a mate . . .
    Posts
    8,437
    Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Sorry to say, the WiFi only iPad or iPad Mini don't have Voice Turn by Turn like the iPhone does. See below images from my iPhone5 and iPad Mini . .



    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

  4. #4

    vansmith's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 19, 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    19,782
    Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    I'm just curious - do you know if the navigation features show up in the 4G enabled versions of the iPad or is it iPhone only? i have to imagine they might (which I know is of no use here for the OP).
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

  5. #5

    TattooedMac's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 19, 2009
    Location
    Waiting for a mate . . .
    Posts
    8,437
    Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Quote Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
    I'm just curious - do you know if the navigation features show up in the 4G enabled versions of the iPad or is it iPhone only? i have to imagine they might (which I know is of no use here for the OP).
    Just looked on my FiancÚ's old iPad 3 with 3G and in Maps the voice controls do show up . . . Now its a hand me down Xmas present for one of our boys while i get the new R iPad Mini lol But yea its there, in all its glory . . . .

    Just makes me wonder though, why is it so hard to throw in a GPS in all iDevice's ?? Or is it incorporated with the Sim somehows ?? Hmmm off to iFixIt i thinks
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

  6. #6

    vansmith's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 19, 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    19,782
    Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    I don't think it has anything to do with GPS and everything to do with data connections. I can do navigation on my Android tablets for instance if I have a wifi connection but I can't do navigation if I don't. That leads me to believe that a persistent data connection is the key (for map and voice data presumably).

  7. #7

    TattooedMac's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 19, 2009
    Location
    Waiting for a mate . . .
    Posts
    8,437
    Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    I have a App called Mud Maps for 4 Wheel Driving in Aust, and i had my iPad Mini connected via hotspot on my iPhone, and it didn't follow along for the ride. I have now just recently bought a Apple approved GPS from Bad Elf and that connects via Bluetooth and works amazingly well.
    This usually picks up 11-12 satellites and its accurate to 2 foot or 24" in the old scale and with its own App or another App i can now use my iPad Mini a Range Finder . . . Im amazed at what i can do, having a dedicated GPS unit connected now, but out bush, ill never be lost or off a track. I can start tracking, then it gives me a 100 hrs of Data, so i can then turn around, and use that data to take me back to where i came from . . But we are getting off track here ~ No pun intended
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

  8. #8


    Member Since
    Nov 20, 2012
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
    I have a App called Mud Maps for 4 Wheel Driving in Aust, and i had my iPad Mini connected via hotspot on my iPhone, and it didn't follow along for the ride. I have now just recently bought a Apple approved GPS from Bad Elf and that connects via Bluetooth and works amazingly well.
    This usually picks up 11-12 satellites and its accurate to 2 foot or 24" in the old scale and with its own App or another App i can now use my iPad Mini a Range Finder . . . Im amazed at what i can do, having a dedicated GPS unit connected now, but out bush, ill never be lost or off a track. I can start tracking, then it gives me a 100 hrs of Data, so i can then turn around, and use that data to take me back to where i came from . . But we are getting off track here ~ No pun intended
    Hi, Thanks for the information that you posted it is really interesting.

    So if I use the apple approved bluetooth that you have bought can I have a fully functional GPS on my ipad? If yes can you please send me a link for this device?

    thanks again really appreciated.

  9. #9

    TattooedMac's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 19, 2009
    Location
    Waiting for a mate . . .
    Posts
    8,437
    Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac9346 View Post
    Hi, Thanks for the information that you posted it is really interesting.

    So if I use the apple approved bluetooth that you have bought can I have a fully functional GPS on my ipad? If yes can you please send me a link for this device?

    thanks again really appreciated.
    To easy. Here is the link from Bad Elf Bad Elf and i have the Pro Model but any of the others, depending on Connector will do fin for you.
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. No sounds from iPad Air
    By ellenmac in forum iPad Hardware and Accessories
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-27-2014, 01:14 PM
  2. Ipad sounds
    By Matikino in forum iOS and Apps
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-17-2014, 12:11 PM
  3. iPad Air vs Macbook Air for a confused student?
    By naivetiu in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-15-2014, 05:25 AM
  4. iPad game sounds not working
    By wsd73 in forum iPad Hardware and Accessories
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-28-2012, 03:49 AM
  5. Integrate Maps and video to an iPad magazine page
    By alexrb in forum Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-11-2011, 06:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •