New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Maps sounds on ipad air

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mac9346

Mac9346 is on a distinguished road

Hi

I have an ipad air and I like to use maps on this device.

Can any one help me how to switch on sounds on maps for navigation. Tha ipad is wifi only but I use an internet key when navigating since I do not have 3g

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
rabbitjetta

rabbitjetta is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Retina Pro, iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPod touch 3-5, iMac 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac9346 View Post
Hi

I have an ipad air and I like to use maps on this device.

Can any one help me how to switch on sounds on maps for navigation. Tha ipad is wifi only but I use an internet key when navigating since I do not have 3g

Thanks
You should already have sounds if you have the silent switch off and the volume tuned up while you are in maps.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Sorry to say, the WiFi only iPad or iPad Mini don't have Voice Turn by Turn like the iPhone does. See below images from my iPhone5 and iPad Mini . .

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

I'm just curious - do you know if the navigation features show up in the 4G enabled versions of the iPad or is it iPhone only? i have to imagine they might (which I know is of no use here for the OP).

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
I'm just curious - do you know if the navigation features show up in the 4G enabled versions of the iPad or is it iPhone only? i have to imagine they might (which I know is of no use here for the OP).
Just looked on my Fiancé's old iPad 3 with 3G and in Maps the voice controls do show up . . . Now its a hand me down Xmas present for one of our boys while i get the new R iPad Mini lol But yea its there, in all its glory . . . .

Just makes me wonder though, why is it so hard to throw in a GPS in all iDevice's ?? Or is it incorporated with the Sim somehows ?? Hmmm off to iFixIt i thinks

Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

I don't think it has anything to do with GPS and everything to do with data connections. I can do navigation on my Android tablets for instance if I have a wifi connection but I can't do navigation if I don't. That leads me to believe that a persistent data connection is the key (for map and voice data presumably).
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

I have a App called Mud Maps for 4 Wheel Driving in Aust, and i had my iPad Mini connected via hotspot on my iPhone, and it didn't follow along for the ride. I have now just recently bought a Apple approved GPS from Bad Elf and that connects via Bluetooth and works amazingly well.
This usually picks up 11-12 satellites and its accurate to 2 foot or 24" in the old scale and with its own App or another App i can now use my iPad Mini a Range Finder . . . Im amazed at what i can do, having a dedicated GPS unit connected now, but out bush, ill never be lost or off a track. I can start tracking, then it gives me a 100 hrs of Data, so i can then turn around, and use that data to take me back to where i came from . . But we are getting off track here ~ No pun intended

QUOTE Thanks
Mac9346

Mac9346 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
I have a App called Mud Maps for 4 Wheel Driving in Aust, and i had my iPad Mini connected via hotspot on my iPhone, and it didn't follow along for the ride. I have now just recently bought a Apple approved GPS from Bad Elf and that connects via Bluetooth and works amazingly well.
This usually picks up 11-12 satellites and its accurate to 2 foot or 24" in the old scale and with its own App or another App i can now use my iPad Mini a Range Finder . . . Im amazed at what i can do, having a dedicated GPS unit connected now, but out bush, ill never be lost or off a track. I can start tracking, then it gives me a 100 hrs of Data, so i can then turn around, and use that data to take me back to where i came from . . But we are getting off track here ~ No pun intended
Hi, Thanks for the information that you posted it is really interesting.

So if I use the apple approved bluetooth that you have bought can I have a fully functional GPS on my ipad? If yes can you please send me a link for this device?

thanks again really appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac9346 View Post
Hi, Thanks for the information that you posted it is really interesting.

So if I use the apple approved bluetooth that you have bought can I have a fully functional GPS on my ipad? If yes can you please send me a link for this device?

thanks again really appreciated.
To easy. Here is the link from Bad Elf Bad Elf and i have the Pro Model but any of the others, depending on Connector will do fin for you.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Switching carriers with an iPad 3 or newer cellular model | Problem connecting iPad Air to iMac in iTunes »