New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Unsync iPad and iMac?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Irishman

Irishman is on a distinguished road

Hi,
Just bought an iPad a few days ago which will be mostly used by lady wife and getting used to it.It is under my Apple I.D. is in my name as I thought it easier for purchases etc.She has her own account on the iMac but as she installs her favourites they arrive on my account,obviously because the iPad is under my I.D.As she is only a part time user of the iMac and the iPad will suit her better, we are wondering now should we have synced the devices at all.Seeing it is not possible for have two accounts on the iPad,again for obvious reasons,can we unsync and let her do her own thing on the iPad albeit under my I.D.?

Thank you.
p.s. Is there any chance anyone has paired up their iPad with a Samsung Smart TV through their app?Having a spot of bother
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

I think you're confusing user IDs on your iMac with the Apple ID on your iPad. 2 different things.

Your wife can adjust what apps, music, and photos she wants synced to the iPad by plugging in the iPad and opening iTunes. There are tabs in the main window for each of those things. Apple ID is what you use for purchasing apps and music/movies/TV shows through the App Store and iTunes Store.

She can set up the email app directly from the iPad itself by opening the Preferences app and going to Mail, Contacts, Calendar.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
Irishman

Thank you MYmacROX for replying.I think our problem is the other way around.Can we stop,for example, her favourites,set up on the iPad, appearing on the favourites bar on my account side of the iMac( 21.5 Mid 2011) ? I deleted a load of favourite icons from the iPad screen only to learn that I had deleted them from my account on the iMac.She didn't want them as there were tons of them !! I just bookmarked this page on the iMac to test and it has appeared on the iPad.Not very good at this stuff but trying to learn.Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Are you talking about bookmarks in Safari?

If so, open Settings on the iPad and tap on iCloud. See if Safari is toggled on. If so, switch it to off.

A lot of those auto-sync options are because some people want to start something on their iMac or MBP and then pick right up where they left off on their iPad or iPhone. Or vice-versa.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
Irishman

Perfect MYmacROX.Thank you again
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problem charging iPad Mini | Ipad wont power on »