footnotes in new Pages for iPad
    Anyone know where the footnotes feature went in the new Pages for iPad? You used to be able to go to "Insert" then footnote. Now it seems to have been replaced by "comment." Can you still add footnotes?

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 9.7, AppleTV (4)
    Just tap somewhere to bring up the pop-up menu and select "Insert". Footnote is one of the options.

NB: you must just have the cursor as an insert point not have anything like a word or sentence selected
    Not been around these parts for a while. Trying to change that . .

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

yes, I know exactly what you mean. That is the way it was on the old Pages. But in the new pages, the "insert" option is not there. It seems to have been replaced by a "comment" option which allows you to add a comment, much as you would in iBooks. I am needing to add a footnote and not a comment. I am wondering if they took the footnote option out?

I called Apple support. The footnote option in the new Pages is available through the "plus" button at the bottom right of the screen.

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 9.7, AppleTV (4)
    Was just about to post this. It still works as before on the iphone
    Attached Images Attached Images

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

Specs:
    2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad
    Yep think iPhone stayed as was because of screen size have to say like the iPads pages and numbers layout.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Footnotes on Pages with iPad
    Still no success with the + button at the top right as recommended. There are only options for blocks of text. Glad to hear it still works on iPhone. But it really must be available for iPad.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Mitchell View Post
    Still no success with the + button at the top right as recommended. There are only options for blocks of text. Glad to hear it still works on iPhone. But it really must be available for iPad.
    My last post shows a screenshot from an iPad. The + menu is at the end of the keyboard

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    As stated by mrplow, its the + sign on the top right of the Keyboard NOT the top right of the page. The + top right of the page is still the Add Media, Graphs, Text, Shapes, Images and that sort of thing.

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Manythanks Tattooed. Should have looked more closely. B

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Manythanks Tattooed. Should have looked more closely. B
    All good, we all miss the small things every now and then . . .

I must say though, i real love what Apple have done with the iWorks suite, how its the same across all platforms. Brilliant
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Agreed. And when Pages etc are linked to iCloud, the synchronicity across platforms (e.g. iPad and iPhone) works fine and saves a lot of time and worry. It's fast too.

Question plus sign not there
    The + sign at the top of the keyboard which used to be a way to add footnotes is now missing on the pages iPad update. It is not there!

If you chose the pull down menu option under styles and click on footnote it changes the entire paragraph you were typing, into a block of text which is not even the same text as the rest of your document PLUS it does not insert a FOOTNOTE NUMBER.

Before you would click on the + button, pages would insert a small footnote number, then it would insert a corresponding footnote number at the very bottom of the page in the same font but smaller. The first footnote on every page was also followed by a nice clean line about two inches long separating the footnotes from the text. It was seamless and actually very easy to use.

This option is still available on the desktop or lap top or OS version BUT IS NOW MISSING FROM iOS pages for iPad ....I even went into "keyboards" setting thinking perhaps it was something there but the screen capture shown above is no longer an option on pages iPad

Quote Originally Posted by VanGone View Post
    The + sign at the top of the keyboard which used to be a way to add footnotes is now missing on the pages iPad update. It is not there!

If you chose the pull down menu option under styles and click on footnote it changes the entire paragraph you were typing, into a block of text which is not even the same text as the rest of your document PLUS it does not insert a FOOTNOTE NUMBER.

Before you would click on the + button, pages would insert a small footnote number, then it would insert a corresponding footnote number at the very bottom of the page in the same font but smaller. The first footnote on every page was also followed by a nice clean line about two inches long separating the footnotes from the text. It was seamless and actually very easy to use.

This option is still available on the desktop or lap top or OS version BUT IS NOW MISSING FROM iOS pages for iPad ....I even went into "keyboards" setting thinking perhaps it was something there but the screen capture shown above is no longer an option on pages iPad

UPDATE: I found it....in the new pages iPad version the + sign is missing and has been replaced by the backwards "P" for paragraph symbol. If you hold down this symbol it pulls up the insert footnote option

Thread Information