New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

iPad problem which Apple cannot fix

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Lutyens

Lutyens is on a distinguished road

I have an iPad 1 running iOS 4.2.1.

On this iPad are photos which iPhotos on my MacBook does not read and so I cannot 'release' them from the iPAD to the MacBook.

The original MacBook which was synched to the iPad has died so I cannot go back to that option.

Apps to help me download photos from the iPad will not work as they require iOS higher than 4.3 or above. If I upgrade my iPad iOS Apple cannot guarantee that my photos will not be deleted during the upgrade process.

Photo capture does not read the photos either.

Apple suggested that I email each photo to myself from the iPad. There are 5,000 photos, so this is completely un-realistic. Another Apple suggestion was to use a PC - which I will do - but having bought a new MacBook to try to solve my problem this was not what I wanted to hear.

I found a piece of demo software called iExplorer which reads more photos than iPhoto alone - but it does not read all the photos on the iPad. I am reluctant to spend money on the full version as I am almost sure that the full version will not read more photos than the free demo version.

I am stuck in a very complex trap here within Apple hardware and software upgrades. Apple cannot help me any further, although I will be writing to them as this situation is just unacceptable.

Any help or suggestions would be most welcome. Many Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
I found a piece of demo software called iExplorer which reads more photos than iPhoto alone - but it does not read all the photos on the iPad. I am reluctant to spend money on the full version as I am almost sure that the full version will not read more photos than the free demo version.
Why are you almost sure the full version will not read more photos than the free demo version? The demo version is limited for a reason and that is so you buy the full version. Anyway, it's up to you. Either spend the $34.99 or possibly lose your photos.

Also not a very good strategy placing 5000 photos on your iPad???
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

When I upgraded to IOS 5 I did not loose a thing. Before you upgrade you would do a back up and you can restore if they do get zapped. I have never lost a thing with an IOS upgrade. BTW I also have a 1st Gen iPad.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPad Air Setup suggestions | Question about Email with ios 7 and Ipad Air »