Thread: iPad mini 2 ?

Specs:
    MacBook Air 13" | iPad 1 | iPhone 5
    Question iPad mini 2 ?
    So I'm about to buy an iPad mini for my school, but was wondering if you guys could give me some advice.

I'm hearing rumours about an iPad mini 2 coming out before the holidays, do you think I should wait and see? Or is it just rumours, because Apple announced their new products already (iPhone 5s & 5c) and there's not really a big chance for an iPad mini 2? Retina display and faster chip would be my 2 main reasons to wait.

Thanks in advance! Cheers, Lily

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    The iPad mini was introduced originally on October 23 of last year.

Nobody knows for certain when a refreshed model is coming out, but there is still PLENTY of time for Apple to announce a new one and still reap the xmas buying season. I feel very very confident new iPads will be announced sometime in October.

Whether the new model will have a Retina display or not is entirely up for grabs. Not having one didn't hurt the previous model *one little bit,* and if adding a Retina display makes it more expensive or delays it coming out for xmas Apple might well go with the same display they have now.

IF Apple brings out a new iPad mini this year (and I certainly believe they will), I can promise it will have significant improvements over the previous one, but beyond that nobody knows.

Specs:
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    I'd give myself a deadline (like x-mas or Jan 1st) and if you don't see one announced by then, just get a refurbished in the online Apple Store.
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by himmelstorte View Post
    I'm hearing rumours about an iPad mini 2 coming out before the holidays, do you think I should wait and see?
    My question back to you is...If this rumor is true...can you wait till the holidays to purchase an iPad mini 2 (if Apple actually releases it by then)? If so...then wait.

The best time to purchase an Apple product is right after a new model is released. Then you know for sure that you will have the "latest & greatest" for a little while (at least until the iPad mini 3 comes out)!

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Specs:
    MacBook Air 13" | iPad 1 | iPhone 5
    Thank you so much guys! I'm probably going waiting till xmas or so, to see if Apple comes with a new awesome iPad mini. If not, I'll buy the current one.

Have a great day everyone!
    Lily

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Well, look: if Apple's going to announce an iPad update in 2013, it has to do so by Thanksgiving weekend at the absolute latest -- and most people would say that's way too late.

So I don't think you have to wait till xmas to work this out.

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Retina upgrade would be nice. I have the gen 1 iPad Mini and used to swear I would jump on a Retina version when Apple released one. Now, I'm not sure.

I really love my Mini and not sure Retina would make it that much better . . . all bets are off, though, if they ever release a 13in Retina model.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Specs:
    I personally would be surprised if they released a Retina iPad mini. On the other hand, because its a smaller screen it might be somewhat cheaper to make than the full-size Retina screens used in the regular iPads.

I'm much more hopeful of a next-gen full-size iPad that is significantly lighter. I like the larger screen, just want it to be lighter.

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    I'm much more hopeful of a next-gen full-size iPad that is significantly lighter. I like the larger screen, just want it to be lighter.
    Amen!
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Thread Information