Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   iPad Hardware and Accessories (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ipad-hardware-accessories/)
-   -   how to upgrade ios 7 on sept 18 on ipad 3? (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ipad-hardware-accessories/303219-how-upgrade-ios-7-sept-18-ipad-3-a.html)

ycl1688 09-13-2013 01:53 PM

how to upgrade ios 7 on sept 18 on ipad 3?
 
Come sept 18, what would you do to upgrade ios 7 on ipad 3 ? From itune run software update ?

chscag 09-13-2013 02:14 PM

Nothing special. Just turn on your iPad and check for updates. However, it's advisable to attach your iPad to its charger and make sure you have a good steady strong WiFi signal. Otherwise connecting it to your Mac and updating through iTunes should be used.

Of course before doing any updating, you should backup everything on your iPad either to the cloud or to your Mac via iTunes.

vansmith 09-13-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chscag (Post 1536768)
However, it's advisable to attach your iPad to its charger and make sure you have a good steady strong WiFi signal.

I could be wrong but I believe iOS will also refuse to update if the battery level is too low (please correct me if I am wrong).

MYmacROX 09-13-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vansmith (Post 1536772)
I could be wrong but I believe iOS will also refuse to update if the battery level is too low (please correct me if I am wrong).

It will warn you if it thinks your battery level is a little too low, but you can proceed anyways. I've done it before with my iPhone. But you can play it safe and keep it plugged in the whole time if you want. It's not like you'll be carrying the iPad around with you using it during that time.

osxx 09-13-2013 03:06 PM

I would update any apps that show they have an update before updating the OS.

chas_m 09-14-2013 08:24 PM

Good advice all around in the posts above.

ycl1688 09-17-2013 06:27 AM

Thanks.
Yet I would put off a bit here is why ? You Might Want to Wait Before Updating Some Devices to iOS 7

GinoLicious 09-17-2013 08:43 AM

I would assume you would update the same as you would for any update in the past.

chas_m 09-18-2013 04:43 AM

Waiting is for nervous nellies. I'm getting iOS 7 the red second it appears as an update. :)

(I religiously back up and keep my apps up to date, so I have very few concerns about app compatibility or issues)

ycl1688 09-18-2013 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chas_m (Post 1537689)
Waiting is for nervous nellies. I'm getting iOS 7 the red second it appears as an update. :)

(I religiously back up and keep my apps up to date, so I have very few concerns about app compatibility or issues)

would you be able to reverse back to ios 6 should there be issues with ios 7 ?

vansmith 09-18-2013 11:17 AM

Not likely. Apple doesn't make downgrades possible. Word on the street suggests that older versions won't be able to authenticate with Apple and thus, iOS 6 will fail to install once iOS 7 is released.

ycl1688 09-18-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vansmith (Post 1537779)
Not likely. Apple doesn't make downgrades possible. Word on the street suggests that older versions won't be able to authenticate with Apple and thus, iOS 6 will fail to install once iOS 7 is released.

This is what bothers me IOS 7 early stages will have bugs, it will take another update to fix. Anyways will hold off upgrade till the 7.0.1 comes out.

vansmith 09-18-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ycl1688 (Post 1537797)
This is what bothers me IOS 7 early stages will have bugs, it will take another update to fix.

To be fair to Apple, that happens with every piece of software in its first iteration. Testing by the developer(s) can only account for so much. That said, if you're worried about bugs making your experience worse, you're probably best to wait a release or two (as you mentioned).

osxx 09-18-2013 12:35 PM

You are going to need iTunes 11.1 which is available at Apple's web site so it is nice having iRadio on the Mac and will lighten your download later today.

GinoLicious 09-20-2013 10:22 AM

I did the update via iPad. Not through iTunes. No issues there. If you don't want to hook it to iTunes you do not need to.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.