Specs:
    2 21.5" iMacs 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 500 Gb HD OS X 10.11; 2 iPads iOS 9.3;2 iPhone 4s iOS 9.3
    Log off to another user
    I guess I should have checked but I assumed that, unlike an iPhone, you could switch users with an iPad just as you can with an iMac.

My wife and I have separate iMacs and it would be useful to sync to separate users of the mini iPad. Any suggestions as to how to do this?

Specs:
    27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 6S, iPod Nano 7th GeniPad 3
    None of the iOS devices (iPod Touch, iPhone, iPad Mini or iPad) support multiple users apart from using different Apple ID's to have different apps/music/content on the devices..

This is made worse when you start sync'ing these devices with multiple computers/libraries..

So while you have multiple computers, with a single iPad Mini you would have to sync with one computer only and that means shared content..

You cannot sync multiple Apple ID's to a single device and thus have different content based on who is logged in and all that..
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

Specs:
    2 21.5" iMacs 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 500 Gb HD OS X 10.11; 2 iPads iOS 9.3;2 iPhone 4s iOS 9.3
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz0rEdge View Post
    None of the iOS devices (iPod Touch, iPhone, iPad Mini or iPad) support multiple users apart from using different Apple ID's to have different apps/music/content on the devices..

This is made worse when you start sync'ing these devices with multiple computers/libraries..

So while you have multiple computers, with a single iPad Mini you would have to sync with one computer only and that means shared content..

You cannot sync multiple Apple ID's to a single device and thus have different content based on who is logged in and all that..
    So does that mean that, if I wanted to use different Apple IDs the only way to do that would be to reset all the settings on the iPad thereby erasing all its contents?

Specs:
    27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 6S, iPod Nano 7th GeniPad 3
    Things get really messy when you try to switch Apple IDs since the content (even if it's free) is tied to a particular ID..

So while just resetting the settings on the iPad Mini will not remove any content, the next sync will cause issues since you have to link it to some library that is tied to a particular Apple ID..

The scheme that works the best is..single Apple ID, on a particular computer, connected/syncing with a particular iOS device..

That path works great..change any of it and it's just annoyance central...
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    I like Apple's solution: buy a second iPad!

(but seriously you can use one Apple ID for buying things from the stores, and a separate Apple ID to keep syncing/mail/calendar/contacts separate if you want.)

Thread Information