Specs:
    2.7GHz 21" iMac I5 8GB ram, 1Tb memory , iPad firs gen 64 gig , iPod touch 5 32 gig
    Question full sized ipad or mini??
    I am planning on replacing my iPad 1 with a later model. I have a nook color and I have found reading books easier with a 9" tablet( I have pretty much stopped using the nook to read since I got my (used) iPad last year. An apple associate suggested a mini because it is more portable (true) but I like the size of the 9" tablet to surf, and read (and play games) with the larger tablet. I didn't notice the difference in my iPad 1 and newer models till I tried to access some new game apps that were only available with IOS 6 and i was told the IOS 7 would be more interesting. Now, I'm trying to decide between what i really need and what I desire.
    Anybody with both sizes have a preference? I probably will go with a full size tablet but thought I would field suggestions. I just get tired if zooming my nook when I am on the web and i can't see a mini being any different in that respect. the apple associate suggested 16 g but I have almost 17 worth of memory used on my iPad 1 64G( 64 g more than enough now that I use the cloud for storing pictures and music) so i would go with 32 g.
    Thanks for any feedback. Just looking for anybody that has a mini and loves it more than a full size tablet and why.

Specs:
    Way... way too many specs to list.
    I have a 3, my kids have minis. If I was looking for something to toss into a bag, I'd go mini. That said, I really do like the bigger screen... Even with the slightly added weight. Not sure if that makes sense, or not...
    mike
    This machine kills fascists
    Got # ? phear the command line!

Specs:
    MBP 15" ret w/ Dual Cinema Displays and iMac
    I have a Nexus 7 and an ASUS infinity 10". (Ok, don't ban me) I rarely ever use the 10" and will likely get rid of it. I got my son the Mini. He uses it mostly for games. I've looked at it and it is good for reading. I really like the smaller screen size. The Nexus can fir in the pocket of casual dress pants in a pinch if needed. Not sure the slightly wider Mini can do that or not.

IMHO the smaller size has a good number of advantages. When the next mini is out in Oct (hopefully) I may switch over to it.
    -Mike

Full sized or mini??
    Full size iPad

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Larsanher -- don't hijack this thread. Start a new one describing IN DETAIL (ie a lot more detail than you mentioned above) what your problem is.

dwhygienist: I think the lighter-weight current iPads (compared to the original you have) will suit you fine, but be aware that there's a super-duper good chance new models are coming out this fall. Just FYI.

The mini is fabulously thin and light -- which everyone hopes the next full-size iPad will be as well -- but is otherwise nearly identical to the full-size one in most other respects. So it really comes down to what your eyeballs prefer. Mine, since they are getting weaker, prefer the larger iPad (even though I want one of the minis!).

Specs:
    2.7GHz 21" iMac I5 8GB ram, 1Tb memory , iPad firs gen 64 gig , iPod touch 5 32 gig
    thanks for the feedback- I think, asstated, mine eyes need the larger size. I am going to wait a few months just in case an iPad 5 version comes out since the "2" seems to be the next to be phased out( no more 30 pin connector) just lightening.

Specs:
    MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
    Definitely wait to see the full dimensions on the upcoming iPad. the one thing I keep hearing is the bezel around the outside will be much smaller and the iPad will be thinner, making the full-sized (I have the 3 and love it) iPad lighter.

I will always have the full sized iPad. Love the screen size.
    MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1GB RAM
    MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256MB RAM
    iPhone 5S 64GB, iPad Air 2 128 GB LTE, iPod Nano Gen6 8GB, Apple TV 3 & 2

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckyon View Post
    Definitely wait to see the full dimensions on the upcoming iPad. the one thing I keep hearing is the bezel around the outside will be much smaller and the iPad will be thinner, making the full-sized (I have the 3 and love it) iPad lighter.

I will always have the full sized iPad. Love the screen size.
    Any idea when the next model will be out? holiday time again?

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    I have had both iPad 2 and the original iPad, and now have a 32GB iPad Mini. Also, my eyes aren't the best either.

My opinions

1) For general reading the Mini is better. Lighter and more comfortable form-factor out weigh the slight decrease in screen size

2) Magazines and photo viewing, the regular iPad is better. I'm a Photogaphy enthusiast so the latter is very important to me

My own decision is to keep my Mini as a reader and pick up an iPad 5 this fall for the rest
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhygienist View Post
    Any idea when the next model will be out? holiday time again?
    Nobody knows for sure, but I think its a safe bet that by late fall there will be a new model out. Apple did killer business with the iPad and the holiday season last year (where the newest full- and mini-sized ones were announced in early October), so I'm guessing around the same time again this year.

But again, this is just a guess.

Thread Information