New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

How much wifi time will hot spot device deliver

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tape

tape is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac-27":OS10.8:3.4GHz:16G B iPhone5S

I have ipad 4 with only wifi. The new vacation home I am renting for a week does not have wifi, so I am considering one of the verizon jet pack devices w/o any long term contract. Then I need to choose a week's worth of data at 250 mb or the month 's worth of 3 gb. Primarily my wife will use for morning and evening Facebook stuff on her MacBook and I will use ipad for some Facebook but also email. Will 250 mb be adequate. Won't be any streaming or downloads
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

250 MB might be enough for one week. My iPad has Verizon cellular built in and when I buy data from Verizon, I always get 1 GB which just about makes it for one month. I only use it for checking mail, running some small apps and mostly browsing and for posting to this forum. If you buy the 3 GB, you'll have lots left over.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Personally i would go for the 3GB/Mth. Honestly who nows if someone sends you a email with a 20MB Attachment and if you get a few of them, there goes the 250mb pack.
Play safe and get the 3GB and then when at home use it to download stuff or stream to get your $ worth.

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
tape

tape is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac-27":OS10.8:3.4GHz:16G B iPhone5S

Thanks for the tips. Now I just have to see how much $ I'll have left over from the rental fees
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Pad 3 LCD Video Screen Has 1 inch Black with Two white lines | ipad mini wifi problems »