iPad apps will not update
    First off let me say I am sooo glad that y'all are also here for iPad help. I usually have questions on my Mac Book Pro and the help I get from here is immeasurable . Thank you for your continuing help !
    For awhile now I have been having trouble updating my apps on iPad . When I click to update an app it says either waiting or paused no other option. At the moment I am unable to use about 10 apps because they are tied up in the waiting spot. The only other option I have is to delete the app and reinstall . I have tried that too and it did not work. It has been so long since I last tried that I have forgotten exactly just what it does when trying to download an app after I deleted it. But I remember it did not fix the problem or I would not be here asking for help.

Sincerely thank you ,

fredconk

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Unfortunately, that seems to be the norm. I usually don't have that many apps to update on my iPad at once but regardless, I get the same thing. Here's how I usually can beat the waiting....

I update the apps through iTunes first as that is faster. After I download all my updates, I attach my iPad to my Mac and sync. Otherwise waiting for the updates to download via WiFi can take quite awhile depending on the speed of your connection.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Have you tried actually powering down your iPad?

Yes, restart your ipad then check that your wifi has a strong signal... usually some apps are big and require wifi if over 50MB.

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Air 2, New AppleTV (4?)
    Hard reset (hold sleep/wake and home until apple logo appears on black background)

Once rebooted try again. If that still doesn't work try, as above, downloading all updates on iTunes and syncing
    Not been around these parts for a while. Trying to change that . .

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

Yes I did all the hard resets and just regular restarts but nothing worked .

Chscag I use the app store and I have not been using iTunes for any downloads. I will try what you stated but am going to have to use the app store. Then I will sync them. Thank-you

Thread Information