New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

my ipad can not connect to apple store

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jamesxie63

jamesxie63 is on a distinguished road

recently i found some problem with my ipad. anytime i download a new app or update an existing app, the ipad shows "can not connect to app store" , while internet is working. even the app store icon show 3 updates, but when i press update all, it still shows "can not connect to app store". could anybody tell me why and how to solve it. thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Is your iPad cellular capable? You didn't tell us anything about it? My iPad on cellular will not process updates, I have to switch to WiFi first or plug the iPad into my iMac.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Also it could be a Username/Password issue on the App Store App.

Seen that more than a few times. Everything else worked but the updates and downloads from the App Store. In my case I had forgotten that when Apple recently went to a 2 pass verification I changed my password also besides the added security of the key they send you and never updated the new password on my iPad!!! Grin Opps.

In the App Store App be sure your password is correct.
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Also worth closing all apps, hard reset (hold sleep and home until the screen blanks and the apple symbol appears), then log out af store and log in afresh

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
jamesxie63

jamesxie63 is on a distinguished road

thank you, i will try to reset the ipad tonight.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPad and iTune | Should I replace my outdated Macbook with and iPad? »