New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Alesis 014

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bluecheer

bluecheer is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBookPro(2011)iphone4S,ipad1

can anyone tell/explain to me how to firewire to usb!!!
i want to record my music on Alesis 014 and then onto ipad3 is it possible
as you have to exit in firewire and connect in usb just hoping there is a way
thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

I am not sure but something like this might get the job done. I have not tried it personally.

Can you tell us a bit more about the device? If it shows un the Finder you might be able to import the files into iTunes and transfer them to the iPad that way.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
bluecheer

cheers slydude will let you know what happens
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

There is no such thing as a Firewire to USB converter that actually works. I think you're barking up the wrong tree here sir.

I suggest you look into posting the files created into something like Dropbox and retrieving them on the iPad that way.
QUOTE Thanks
bluecheer

well i thought the same thing until 'slydude' suggested the Alesis-'io dock' and all seems good if you have anything that suggests otherwise please show me or suggest where i can see why.
cheers.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

What is the Alesis 014? Link please - they have nothing on their site by that name and google returns nothing.

As chas notes, there is no firewire to USB device that I am aware of - the 2 are incompatible.

Without knowing what the Alesis 014 is, not sure how the Alesis ioDock for the iPad will work since there is no firewire connection on it.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
bluecheer

sorry my mistake io14.......The Alesis iO|14 uses state of the art FireWire technology to deliver professional–level features such as Alesis High Definition Microphone Preamps, Cirrus audiophile converters and jitter elimination technology, with high–quality 24–bit/192k audio input. The iO|14 is designed for easy use with PC o
again sorry but my question is still can i connect the 'Alesis io14' to ipad?
just found this site sonicelectronix.com check out the review with 'Alesis iO Dock' they seam to think it can work.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

After seeing the device, I am inclined to think it would work also as you wouldn't be using the FW ports to connect to the Dock, but the XLR, Phone, Midi, etc. ports.

With the iO dock, you would be recording directly to the iPad rather than your Mac with whichever app you're using.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPad mini club. | ICare »