New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

iPad Mini with a nick...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rfe959

rfe959 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 2,1, Macbook Pro 5.1, (2) iphone 4S's, (2) iPad Mini's, Apple TV, MacBook Pro 9.2

Hello all,

I purchased 2 iPad Mini's for my wife and I last Monday the 11th. White/silver for her and black/slate for myself. I finally got around to opening mine today Sunday the 17th. This iPad has a nick on the left side where the Smart Cover wraps around the back. This was not a used or open-box item and I did not move from my spot on the couch while opening the box from the plastic. My wife calls me crazy as I do find my self to be Obsessive Compulsive but this is a brand new product. I just like my things taken care so they at least last until she gets bored with them.

My question is... Would you return this?

I purchased Apple care but this was beyond anything we've done. The funny thing is that the salesman stated that the white/silver didn't show scratches like the black/slate model. I always check out my new electronics before use so I can tell if my wife has been using mine. She is quite careless with all of her property. I guess she knows I'll replace it.

Thanks for any input,
rfe959
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Quote:
You bet. A new item should be in perfect condition. Return it.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfe959 View Post
Hello all,

I purchased 2 iPad Mini's for my wife and I last Monday the 11th. White/silver for her and black/slate for myself. I finally got around to opening mine today Sunday the 17th. This iPad has a nick on the left side where the Smart Cover wraps around the back. This was not a used or open-box item and I did not move from my spot on the couch while opening the box from the plastic. My wife calls me crazy as I do find my self to be Obsessive Compulsive but this is a brand new product. I just like my things taken care so they at least last until she gets bored with them.

I purchased Apple care but this was beyond anything we've done. The funny thing is that the salesman stated that the white/silver didn't show scratches like the black/slate model. I always check out my new electronics before use so I can tell if my wife has been using mine. She is quite careless with all of her property. I guess she knows I'll replace it.

Thanks for any input,
rfe959
Yes I would in fact I have done it twice.

Had it for less than a week and I noticed chunks of the iPad Mini was falling out. Looked like someone had taken a hack saw to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
You bet. A new item should be in perfect condition. Return it.
Agreed.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

You have a no-questions-asked return policy for a reason. Sorry you got one that escaped QC, but yes you should return it.
QUOTE Thanks
rfe959

Mac Specs: Macbook 2,1, Macbook Pro 5.1, (2) iphone 4S's, (2) iPad Mini's, Apple TV, MacBook Pro 9.2

Thanks for your replies. My wife was giving me a hard time on this issue until I started using hers.
She is now on board with exchanging, maybe even upgrading to the 32gb.

rfe959
QUOTE Thanks
rfe959

I now have a new scratch and nick free iPad Mini. Thoroughly inspected before I made the return. The girl that helped me actually pointed out several other nicks that I hadn't noticed.

Thanks all for the reassurance of my sanity,
rfe959
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Glad to hear you have a new iPad Mini. Apple customer support is number 1!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPad frustration | Ipad 4 dock »