New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

iPad don't pair with android phone

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

QueenMe

QueenMe is on a distinguished road

I understand how much apple is trying to block android (lol), but is this means that I can't pair my android phone to my ipad to exchange photo or.... Via Bluetooth?
I have no problem pairing my phone with my Mac but can't pair it with my iPad or iPod touch.
How can I overcome the issue?
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

The iPad doesn't directly pair with much of anything other than a keyboard or headset/headphones. Not even with other iDevices.

The exception to this is a free third-party program called Bump, which is available for iOS and Android (Android link). You should be able to "bump" individual files from one device to another with that. It normally uses Wi-Fi but can use Bluetooth as a fallback (BT is a lot slower if you're trying to transfer large files, however).

For normal syncing (let's say whole photo albums for example), you would just sync through iTunes on your Mac or PC, or use the software provided by your Android maker to do sync the same albums etc that you iPhone has.

For the record, Apple isn't trying to "block" Android, it's trying to get Google to stop stealing other companies' technology (here's two examples of what I mean by this), and to stop using standards-essential patents as legal weapons against competitors (again, example). Apple is not the only company or entity trying to get Google to play by the rules.
QUOTE Thanks
QueenMe

Not much success with Bump. I was trying to install SyncMate to iPad, connect iPad to my Phone via Bluetooth and sync the calendars. I gave up on that...nothing works.
QUOTE Thanks
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

What exactly are you trying to transfer/sync?

Doug
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

No, that isn't going to work. Bluetooth is not generally a file transfer method for the iPad.
QUOTE Thanks
QueenMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug b View Post
What exactly are you trying to transfer/sync?

Doug
I thought I can pair my iPad with my android phone to easily transfer pictures using bluetooth. Also, syncing my calendars using bluetooth and SyncMate. I think I know that none of these is going to happen the way it does with my Mac.
QUOTE Thanks
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

Well, you certainly can sync your Google calender to your iPad using iCloud, that's for sure. Use CalDav to sync and use m.google.com as the server.

As for the rest, why not just use Dropbox? It's the most seamless way to sync everything between multiple platforms.

Doug
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

Yes, Dropbox or something like it (Box.net, Skydrive, SugarSync, etc) would probably be the best option.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Swype for iPad | Transfer Newstand subscriptions »