Specs:
    MacBook Pro, iPad, iPhone, Apple TV
    empty events in iTunes
    Hi - I deleted some pix from iPhoto, but when I sync my iPad they show up as separate events in itunes. Would like to get rid of those events...

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 9.7, AppleTV (4)
    Untick them from syncing in iTunes
    Not been around these parts for a while. Trying to change that . .

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

Specs:
    Hi Mr Plow - thanks for getting back to me. I can un-tick them of course, but that means I have to manually tick all other events and faces instead of just checking the one box to sync all albums, faces, and events. What I want o do is eliminate those two events from iTunes. As I said above, they don't show up anywhere on in my iPhoto library on my Mac...

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 9.7, AppleTV (4)
    Didn't know you were doing it like that.

If you only deleted the images I suspect you still have the events in your iPhoto library. That's the only reason they'd continue to show in iTunes

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

Specs:
    Nope, they're not anywhere in my iPhoto library. I've spent hours on the phone with a senior level iPhoto supervisor at Apple and he was stumped, too. Have also researched the problem on Apple discussion groups. A number of folks have the same problem and are frustrated by it. I was just hoping someone here in MacForum may have stumbled on a fix.

Specs:
    iTunes just interrogates the iPhoto library file. So it's likely a bug within the the iPhoto library structure. You may not see it in the application but that's the likely cause.

You could backup your library file (to use as your test subject), open this copies packaged iPhoto file and use a plain text editor to look at the AlbumData.xml
    This is where the album and event data is kept. You could search for and edit out the empty events, repackage and open the copy of your library (by holding option on iPhoto start up). So long as the change has had no adverse affects you could try opening iTunes and seeing if your changes have rectified the issue.

All depends on keen you are to remove the blank events.

Specs:
    Thanks again, mrplow. I found the AlbumData.xml file and opened it, but all I saw was a long list of strings. I think I'm out of my depth now - will just have to live with those pesky files, I guess.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Try this: open iPhoto with the command and option keys held down, and check every box in the resulting repair dialogue. Let it do its thing.

NORMALLY iPhoto events delete themselves when there are no pictures within them, but IF you uploaded those events somewhere (Facebook, Flickr, etc) then they can "hang around" because they are still "tied" to things that are active.

Thread Information