New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

iPads for cello-piano ensemble

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jodavpo

jodavpo is on a distinguished road

My sister and I ( who live 1500 miles apart)are trying to play piano/cello sonatas using FaceTime on our iPads with not much success. I'm the piano player and can hear her cello just fine. The piano does not come through loud enough on her iPad for us to stay together. She has used the speaker on the iPad, earphones, amplified the sound with add-on amplifiers. Do I need to use an external mic?And if so, which one?
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

For this kind of application an external mic and headphones/earphones, I'd suggest, are a must.

headphones so you hear the mix correctly but also so avoid feedback.

There are many microphones on the market. A reasonably priced first step is the iRig Mic.

Another thing to consider is bandwidth. Have you got a robust enough connection to handle the facetime call? Do you need video? Perhaps an audio only Skype call will suffice?

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
jodavpo

jodavpo is on a distinguished road

Thank you. You have given me two options to pursue.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPad 2 Dock with Ballistic Case????? | Stylus Alternatives »