New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Bookmark Folders in iPads

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

WolfmanOz

WolfmanOz is on a distinguished road

I have an issue in regards to creating bookmark folders.

My wife and I have separate iPads but we have the one iTunes account. Now my wife has just learnt about Bookmarks and she is creating her own, problem is her bookmarks are appearing on my iPad and mine vice versa.

Obviously we want to keep our respective bookmark folders separate, and for the life of me I can't see anything in settings etc that would either separate them or link them.

Any help would be most appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Your bookmarks are syncing together because you're both probably on the same WiFi network at home. Also, bookmarks will sync to both iPads from Safari on your Mac at home which is also probably on the same network.
QUOTE Thanks
WolfmanOz

Hmmm.

Yes you are correct we are on the same WiFi network on home, but we sync to separate units, myself to a desktop whilst my wife syncs to her laptop.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

The solution will be for one of you to set up a separate iCloud account for syncing bookmarks, calendar, notes, etc. You can both still use the same Apple ID for your purchases, apps, etc.

This Apple kb article will give you a little help - link.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
WolfmanOz

Thanks for your prompt replies and suggestions, it's most appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« data transfer? | Battery »